Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I’m leaving our 2019 HRV exl at my mothers for a few weeks. I had the alarm go off once unexpectedly. There’s no chance of a theft at her house. Anyway to disable the alarm? Thanks.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
645 Posts
On certain models you can disable the ultrasonic component by using the switch on the panel located by the drivers left knee.

·
Registered
2019 HRV EX CVT. 1.5 Earth Dreams. Modern Steel.
33 Posts
Hi there, I’m leaving our 2019 HRV exl at my mothers for a few weeks. I had the alarm go off once unexpectedly. There’s no chance of a theft at her house. Anyway to disable the alarm? Thanks.
Disconnect the battery. Added benefit, you won't have a flat battery when you return.

·
Registered
29 Posts
But you'll have to reprogram the clock, radio theft code, radio presets etc.?
Clock and radio preset, yes. I don't think these car radios have an anti-theft code, my Accord (just sold) didn't. If you are away for long enough for the battery to go completely flat (a month in my experience) the battery will be permanently damaged.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Clock and radio preset, yes. I don't think these car radios have an anti-theft code, my Accord (just sold) didn't. If you are away for long enough for the battery to go completely flat (a month in my experience) the battery will be permanently damaged.
As far as anti-theft code, I can't say, but the radio has the constant red blinking light, same as my Fit, which does have an anti-theft code...obtained that from Honda, printed it out and it lives in my glove compartment.....I imagine the HRV has a code as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts