Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I am just noticing this now, I feel like a real dummy but....
has anyone noticed the flashing red light on the dash after the car has been locked? My car was parked in a dark parking spot tonight and when I walked up to the car I noticed the red light flashing. I know there is a one by the CD player, but never I have noticed this one. I park my car in a parking garage daily, and I have never seen it flash until tonight. I called my dealer and he couldn't believe I had never noticed, but I quite sure it's never happened before. Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
There are two flashing red alarm led's

Page 179 of the manual
Audio System Theft Protection
The audio system is disabled when it is disconnected from the power source, such as
when the battery is disconnected or goes dead. In certain conditions, the system
may display ENTER CODE*2/Enter code*3. If this occurs, reactivate the audio
system.
■ Reactivating the audio system
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (w*1.
2. Turn on the audio system.
3. Press and hold the audio system power button for more than two seconds.
u The audio system is reactivated when the audio control unit establishes a
connection with the vehicle control unit. If the control unit fails to recognize
the audio unit, you must go to a dealer and have the audio unit checked.

Security System Alarm page 116
The security system alarm activates when the tailgate, hood or doors are forcibly
opened. The alarm does not go off if the tailgate or doors are opened with the key,
remote transmitter or smart entry system.
However, the alarm goes off when a door is opened with the key, then the shift
lever is moved out of (P (continuously variable transmission models) or the hood is
opened before the ignition switch is turned to ON (w*1.
■ When the security system alarm activates
The horn sounds intermittently and all of the exterior lights flash
■ To deactivate the security system alarm
Unlock the vehicle using the remote transmitter or smart entry remote, or turn the
ignition switch to ON (w*1. The system, along with the horn and flashing lights, is
deactivated.
■ Setting the security system alarm
The security system alarm automatically sets when the following conditions have
been met:
• The ignition switch is in LOCK (0*1, and the key has been removed from the
ignition switch.
• The hood is closed.
• All doors and the tailgate are locked from outside with the key, remote
transmitter, or smart entry system.
■ When the security system alarm sets
The security system alarm indicator in the instrument panel blinks. When the
blinking interval changes after about 15 seconds, the security system alarm is set.
■ To cancel the security system alarm
The security system alarm is canceled when the vehicle is unlocked using the remote
transmitter or smart entry system, or the ignition switch is turned to ON (w*1. The
security system alarm indicator goes off at the same time.

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/AT7A6001OM/enu/AT7A6001OM.pdf

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don't feel bad I did the same thing.
There are a lot of little hidden features in this car!
An intense read of the manual is a must.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ya, I too just noticed this same light after owning my HR- V for 2 months.:|

·
Registered
1 Posts
omg, my does same thing, ( i had this car for 4 months and just noticed 2 days ago) I took the car to the dealer and was told its the anti-theft light, ... so i went to Honda dealership parking lot after hours and looked at another honda HRV and guess what? the light was not flashing on the dash board only the one on the radio... how come?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't believe I am just noticing this now, I feel like a real dummy but....
has anyone noticed the flashing red light on the dash after the car has been locked? My car was parked in a dark parking spot tonight and when I walked up to the car I noticed the red light flashing. I know there is a one by the CD player, but never I have noticed this one. I park my car in a parking garage daily, and I have never seen it flash until tonight. I called my dealer and he couldn't believe I had never noticed, but I quite sure it's never happened before. Anyone else?
Same here!! I feel like a dummy!! I’ve had my car 3 months and have NEVER noticed that red light on the dash OR by the radio!! I keep praying that everything I’m reading is NORMAL and that the next time I get ready to go somewhere, it cranks. I’m so paranoid that something is wrong. I just don’t know how I haven’t noticed anything before...

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
479 Posts
Well, they’re easy to miss, primarily because their main function is when you’re not in the vehicle anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts