Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what everyone is expecting on the transaction price of their HRV. Seems the price for now will likely be MSRP, but as it has occurred before on hot sellers where demand exceeds supply, will Adjusted Market Value charges push it above MSRP?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm expecting full MSRP for many months. Less would certainly be better. I personally won't pay over MSRP or accept Dealer options I don't want. I'll walk away.

The pricing for the HVR seems fair to me when comparing it to other products offered by Honda and others.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well, I'm guaranteed $500 off for a military discount. And my local sales manager told me to expect a day-one, no-bargaining discount about between what he discounts the Fit ($500) and what he discounts the CRV ($1,500). So I'm expecting $1,500 total discount, day one. Hey, that's just my local dealer's sales manager talking directly to me. Your results might vary. But that assumes I buy an HRV. Jury's still out on that. There is some strong competition out there.

With respect, I personally think the HRV is priced about $1,000 too high. But I also expect it will still sell like hotcakes - so I guess if it sells well at that price, it's the right price!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Well, I'm guaranteed $500 off for a military discount. And my local sales manager told me to expect a day-one, no-bargaining discount about between what he discounts the Fit ($500) and what he discounts the CRV ($1,500). So I'm expecting $1,500 total discount, day one. Hey, that's just my local dealer's sales manager talking directly to me. Your results might vary. But that assumes I buy an HRV. Jury's still out on that. There is some strong competition out there.
With respect, I personally think the HRV is priced about $1,000 too high. But I also expect it will still sell like hotcakes - so I guess if it sells well at that price, it's the right price!
Maybe when the Mazda CX3 comes out they will be a bit more receptive to a tiny discount...competition can work wonders. Heck, from what I'm seeing, I think I will check out a CX 3 in any case

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree that MSRP will be the selling price for months to come, at least until you go to a dealership and you see several of every color than prices may begin to fall from MSRP.

Overall it seems prices came out lower than we were expecting to begin with so that is a good thing and I also agree it is priced very well in relation to its class.

I'm expecting full MSRP for many months. Less would certainly be better. I personally won't pay over MSRP or accept Dealer options I don't want. I'll walk away.

The pricing for the HVR seems fair to me when comparing it to other products offered by Honda and others.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I expect full MSRP for over a year. I stopped by my local Honda dealer yesterday (Sunday - dealer was closed). They now have 20 Fits on the lot, so it took clase to a year for some inventory to build up. Sales of HR-V's may be better than the Fit so they may not build up inventory as quickly.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very good point. And the smaller dealers will probably take some time to get inventory in.

I expect full MSRP for over a year. I stopped by my local Honda dealer yesterday (Sunday - dealer was closed). They now have 20 Fits on the lot, so it took clase to a year for some inventory to build up. Sales of HR-V's may be better than the Fit so they may not build up inventory as quickly.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I had deposits down with two dealers in Denver. Both are large volume dealerships. One wanted MSRP + 880 (shipping) + $499 (D&H) + $27.20 doc fees. The other won't charge D&H and expects a small ($200-500) discount off of MSRP.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sounds like a great time to bargain for a Fit!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had deposits down with two dealers in Denver. Both are large volume dealerships. One wanted MSRP + 880 (shipping) + $499 (D&H) + $27.20 doc fees. The other won't charge D&H and expects a small ($200-500) discount off of MSRP.
last year when the wife purchased her 15 cr-v ex she got it at invoice price back at the end of october.the price icluded the destination charge. 2 months ago i was getting quotes from 3- 6 dealers they were quoting me around $1,500-$2,000 off msrp. this is a great example of $'s off from fall to spring 2015. All quotes included destination charge. 1 dealer quoted me a price PLUS destination fee.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alot of it too depends on how the shopping approach you take and what method you are using. Through certain buyers club programs you can get a Honda at invoice or a Subaru $500 below invoice.

last year when the wife purchased her 15 cr-v ex she got it at invoice price back at the end of october.the price icluded the destination charge. 2 months ago i was getting quotes from 3- 6 dealers they were quoting me around $1,500-$2,000 off msrp. this is a great example of $'s off from fall to spring 2015. All quotes included destination charge. 1 dealer quoted me a price PLUS destination fee.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Aren't shipping and destination & handling the same thing?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like they are trying to figure in an Adjusted Market Value charge or something as the Destination Charge (this includes shipping) on the HRV is $880.

As for prepping and/or washing the car, they shouldn't be charging you for that at all.

Nope.. Shipping is just that. D&H pays them to wash and prep the car for sale, or as I like to look at it, DOING THEIR JOB!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah, there's definitely something fishy about those added charges. Desitination charge for the HR-V is set (by Honda) at $880. No idea where that $499 came from or what it's really for.

·
Registered
211 Posts
but they definitely try to charge now for "dealer prep" including taking the white stuff off and washing etc. I can see certain dealer prep stuff - but not the cleaning, etc. that is their job.. period..

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agree, sounds like a dealer markup charge as there should only be the Destination Charge.

Yeah, there's definitely something fishy about those added charges. Desitination charge for the HR-V is set (by Honda) at $880. No idea where that $499 came from or what it's really for.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You mean over MSRP? I am being hopeful, but also realistic. Any amount over invoice probably won't be until the 2017 comes around and that is only if they are able to fulfill demand by that point.

I'm hoping for $500 over invoice, got 3 dealers I can quote from.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'll say it again. I've physically spoken to a New England area sales manager who assures me his dealership will offer significant HRV incentives from day one. Around $1,000. And I have separate confirmation of that from my office buying club liaison that "yes you can get our standard percentage discount on the HRV from day one - participating area dealers are contractually obligated to honor our discount percentage". Again, their standard discount at the HRV MSRP is about $1,000.

Caveat: I'm only speaking for one volume dealer and one buying service. I don't make claims for other locations.

And vets - don't forget the $500 Honda bonus for military service.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts