Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets be honest honda is not exactly known for doing much to help listening enjoyment. Some of the cheesiest speakers I have ever seen in my life have been pulled out of my vehicles over the years when upgrading.

There's apparently no factory sub woofer upgrade even possible from honda for the hrv. Not that the sub in my 2013 EXL is much.

I have not seen any real reviews of the sound system ( we probably know why ) but is there any significant information out there?

How good ( ha ha ) or how bad is the setup delivered? Can it possibly be even used briefly while one does something about it?

Not trying to take cheap shots here there is no shortage of honda purchases in my last 40 years.

Thanks John

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is one of the things I will be checking out on each trim level as soon as they're on my lot. Having a good sounding stereo is important to me and I take note of the quality of sound in each and every honda model and trim. And I'm very picky on sound quality btw.
Can anyone dare to guess which current Honda Model/Trim is the one I've found to have the best quality sound? (And not most features, just best volume, clarity, and of course low end THUMP) I bet you'll be surprised.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is It?

Can anyone dare to guess which current Honda Model/Trim is the one I've found to have the best quality sound? (And not most features, just best volume, clarity, and of course low end THUMP) I bet you'll be surprised.
CR-V LX?
That's my guess.

I don't own a Honda but the sound system on the CR-V LX sounded pretty good to be just a base model.

·
Registered
371 Posts
This is one of the things I will be checking out on each trim level as soon as they're on my lot. Having a good sounding stereo is important to me and I take note of the quality of sound in each and every honda model and trim. And I'm very picky on sound quality btw.
Honda Pilot Touring. Love my stock system.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Honda Pilot Touring. Love my stock system.
Also true that Pilot touring has a great stereo as well as the Odyssey touring elite with the most power and speakers in any Honda. But then again as the two most expensive Honda vehicles we have, you'd expect them to have a solid sound system. So although yes, very good. I wouldn't say it's all that surprising. Would you like to know which vehicle I have in mind that I think sounds best and is a bit surprising? Or keep guessing?

EDIT: keep in mind, the shape, size, and design of the vehicle often has a very large impact on interior acoustics.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Also true that Pilot touring has a great stereo as well as the Odyssey touring elite with the most power and speakers in any Honda. But then again as the two most expensive Honda vehicles we have, you'd expect them to have a solid sound system. So although yes, very good. I wouldn't say it's all that surprising. Would you like to know which vehicle I have in mind that I think sounds best and is a bit surprising? Or keep guessing?

EDIT: keep in mind, the shape, size, and design of the vehicle often has a very large impact on interior acoustics.
tell us PLEASE! Lol!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts