Honda HR-V Forum banner
101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
The overly aggressive lumbar support, no thigh support (seat bottom is just too short) and no good way to rest the left arm while driving, are killing me. Too bad it took me several weeks to realize. :(
On the bright side, my wife uses the car 90% of the time and she finds the seating comfortable. She's 170cm, I am 178cm tall.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The overly aggressive lumbar support, no thigh support (seat bottom is just too short) and no good way to rest the left arm while driving, are killing me. Too bad it took me several weeks to realize. :(
On the bright side, my wife uses the car 90% of the time and she finds the seating comfortable. She's 170cm, I am 178cm tall.
These would be my biggest complaints w/ ergonomics. Also did not realize it on my test drives. Oh well. My drives are not too long so the car is comfortable enough for what I use it for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found the seats comfy at first, but I am working on my posture, and I find there to be a weird built in upper back 'slouch' to the seat design. Lets face it- one size does NOT fit all- it cant! I got an excersize mat and cut it up to change the shape of the seat- put a custom cover over it and voila- a comfortable seat just for me!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did my adjustment today. went to Lowe,s and bought 4 M10-1.25x40 and 32 washers--part number 63308 and 4 lock washers---part number 63411.
At first the 40 size bolts looked to long but they worked perfectly. I took out all four seat bolts ( 14 mm socket ) I stacked 7 of the washer's then wrapped 1 time in electrical tape and cut the hole out with a razor blade so the new bolt would not have and resistance going through. the total added height of 7 is just shy of 1/2 inch. After a few minutes of cussing trying to get the bolts lined up correctly. it seemed easier once I had my beautiful wife get in the back and push forward on the bottom of the seat.The best way seemed to start with the front bolt closest to the console then the other front then console side back then the remaining back bolt. It was a bit of a pain in the arse getting it done. But after driving it with the front raised small amount it was well worth the effort put into it! Hope the pics attached one of the washers before taping and the bolt with washer then lockwasher on top of bracket.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
HRV Seats

I recently purchased an new HRV with cloth seats and they are extremely uncomfortable. Have not yet been able to find any additional cushions or supports to help the issue. Starting to feel like it was a bad choice as I drive alot of miles. Test drive them and pay attention.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I recently purchased an new HRV with cloth seats and they are extremely uncomfortable. Have not yet been able to find any additional cushions or supports to help the issue. Starting to feel like it was a bad choice as I drive alot of miles. Test drive them and pay attention.
Describe how they're uncomfortable ... like the Brooks leather seat on your bicycle, it takes awhile for seat to conform to your shape ... or maybe it's your shape that conforms to the seat ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
During the test drive I immediately noticed the lumbar support that seems like it's set to 11/10. But after reclining the seat a tad (so I sit more like this / and less like this | ) and letting it break in for 1,200 miles, it's actually quite nice. Just had to find the right angle to lean at so my shoulders were resting on the backrest to take weight off the small of my back when accelerating.

Something that the Subaru WRX/STi folks do is unzip the factory seat covering and put extra padding inside the seat to make it hug you more. I may experiment and try that later on to see if I can sit a bit further upright, but it's pretty good as it is.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Of course a recurring theme of this thread is changing the angle of the seat bottom ... lifting up the front of the seat.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Now after 2 months I find a pressure point behind my upper legs, but I have this a lot since I have long legs (6'2). I agree with some that the back and lumbar support is quite good though. Changing the bottom seat angle would be a fix for sure.

Incidentally, our Honda dealer has HR-V's as rentals/ loaners, so you could do an extended test if your near me - OC California.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - I just bought a 2016 HRV and my tailbone and lower back are killing me! The seats are so uncomfortable. I just went back to Honda to see if they could help me adjust the seat and they made it higher. Can't tell yet if it will work. I drive a ton of miles. Any suggestions or commiserations?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I really don't have a bad back, but it's not that good either (I'm 52 and 6' tall). I had to fly to Ohio to get my AWD HRV because they wouldn't order me one in Georgia (it's better that I got it in Ohio, I saved $1500 over what they were trying to charge me here). I had to drive it back home (800 miles, 12 hours) and really had no issue. Then I went to see my chiropractor, told him about people having discomfort with the seat and I asked him to watch me sit in it. He then recommended I tilt the seat back forward a little and dip the seat a little and I've had no issues with comfort at all.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I'm 6'4" tall, and have been able to get my drivers seat to be incredibly comfortable with some work. I took a 28 hour road trip in it, my butt never fell asleep (rare for any car I've had)

The seat rail extenders made a huge difference, my thighs touch the seat now. I also raised the front of the seat with washers to make it taller in the front. The final thing I found was to tilt the seatback more forward than I usually would, which surprisingly helped a lot.

Riding in the passenger seat is very uncomfortable compared to my drivers seat, so I know it made a difference

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my HR-V for about a month now and apparently my test drive was too short. I find the seats really uncomfortable. First of all, I had to turn the headrests around. Second, I think the seats were made for someone that is maybe 5'5" tall. I am 6 foot. The top of the seat back comes too far forward right in the middle of my back causing me to slouch. If it had a really good lumbar support, that may have helped out. Also, the steering wheel blocks the speedometer when I adjust the wheel to where it is somewhat comfortable. If I scooch down in the seat, I can see the speedometer. That is part of why I think the seat was made for a shorter person. I am driving cross country in a month and I am dreading it bcause of this. I will try the towel in the lumbar region trick and see if that is helpful. Any other suggestions?
Other than that, I really like this little car.
I have the same issue! Did you find any good solutions?

101 - 120 of 134 Posts