Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Someone (Bicepeak, I think?) said it was, but requires some effort and maybe 2 people to align the seat tops and push them down. Honda hasn't mentioned that mode at all in North American releases / ads.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Someone (Bicepeak, I think?) said it was, but requires some effort and maybe 2 people to align the seat tops and push them down. Honda hasn't mentioned that mode at all in North American releases / ads.
That is correct....."cram together' is the accurate phrase...but it can be done.

I heard from the Dealer Training that Honda is not emphasizing it because people have been riding along like that and the airbags don't offer adequate protection in that position.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Lounge mode did not work in the EX-L AWD model I test drove yesterday. If anyone here has gotten it to work please post photos.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The sales rep showed my wife and I lounge mode in an EX 2WD manual. It only took him a second to set it up, no help and I couldn't even tell you what he did. I did not take a photo but it is possible. So it's at least possible with the fabric seats.

·
Registered
751 Posts
From a video I saw some time ago, it looked like this:
- front seat all the way forward
- front headrest off
- lift rear seat bottom some, recline front seat until the top of the front seat back meets the front of the rear seat bottom head on
- schmoosh 'em down

Bice, does that sound right? The key thing I remember is that the two cushions have to meet in the air, so to speak... you can't leave the rear seat down and squish the front down past it. Think of the two halves of London Bridge dropping down to meet in the middle. :)

Disclaimer: I just gleaned this from a single dimly-remembered video and from thinking about it, and I have no way to verify it until the HRVs get here in July!

Edit: Hmm... guess I could try it out on a Fit, come to think of it. If I find myself at a dealer this week, say putting down a deposit, I'll try to remember to do that.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
From a video I saw some time ago, it looked like this:
- front seat all the way forward
- front headrest off
- lift rear seat bottom some, recline front seat until the top of the front seat back meets the front of the rear seat bottom head on
- schmoosh 'em down

Bice, does that sound right? The key thing I remember is that the two cushions have to meet in the air, so to speak... you can't leave the rear seat down and squish the front down past it. Think of the two halves of London Bridge dropping down to meet in the middle. :)

Disclaimer: I just gleaned this from a single dimly-remembered video and from thinking about it, and I have no way to verify it until the HRVs get here in July!

Edit: Hmm... guess I could try it out on a Fit, come to think of it. If I find myself at a dealer this week, say putting down a deposit, I'll try to remember to do that.
Well that is how we basically did it. Just think about how hard it is to use the recline angle lever for the front seat and push the back seat down together by yourself. We did it together, but it is a very tight smoosh.

The Fit is a different vehicle so you couldn't learn much from that.

Why not take the Victoria Clipper down to Seattle instead of waiting for Canada to get it? You can check out the HR-V there.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
The sales rep showed my wife and I lounge mode in an EX 2WD manual. It only took him a second to set it up, no help and I couldn't even tell you what he did. I did not take a photo but it is possible. So it's at least possible with the fabric seats.
Yes it was much easier with the fabric seats.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Why not take the Victoria Clipper down to Seattle instead of waiting for Canada to get it? You can check out the HR-V there.
Believe me, I've been thinking about it! Discovered my passport expired in January, though, so now I have to wait a couple of weeks. Also, last I checked the Clipper's timed for Americans coming North, so it's pretty much impossible without spending 2 nights in Seattle.

Which isn't a bad thing, can be a nice getaway, but takes some coordination and planning. And ends up being an $800 test drive...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts