Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning!

I have had my 2019 Honda HRV Sport for just shy of one month (purchased on 3/2/19). Yesterday on my way home, I was using Ways and listening through music through Spotify. I was pretty close to my destination and trying to change from my Ways to my music, all the sudden it seemed like my screen had frozen, as I put my car into park, the screen went black. I had to go to class so my car was sitting for about two hours unattended when I got back, my phone was not registering with Apple Carplay, I have tried to delete and re-pair it with my phone but nothing is seeming to work. My phone is charging while plugged in but it is saying to plug in my USB where the phone icon is. Has anyone run into this issue? I enjoy using the apple car play for navigation and music so it's irritating that ONE MONTH in I am having issues. If anyone has any insight please let me know as I'd like to avoid going to the dealer LOL.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Apple Support Communities had nothing recent, but these tips CarPlay and iOS 12 were listed in this thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8586898?answerId=34036433022#34036433022

CarPlay and Spotify issues with several releases of iOS 12 apparently causing blank screens was reported here: https://appletoolbox.com/2018/12/carplay-not-working-after-ios-update-how-to-fix/ Some suggested workarounds are included.

On Monday, March 25, 2019, Apple released iOS 12.2, build number 16E227, in conjunction with a number of Apple services announcements. Is your Apple device is set to automatically download and install iOS updates? Depending on your preference settings, and the speed of your connection, it can take hours or days to download and install a new iOS release.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Monday I plugged in a different Iphone into the car and Carplay stopped working. I made an appointment at the local Honda dealer to work on it Friday but on Wednesday there was this long message about parking the car some place underground where GPS signals can't reach it then it started working again. I did update my Iphone to the latest IOS Tuesday but there was no immediate effect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Morning!

I have had my 2019 Honda HRV Sport for just shy of one month (purchased on 3/2/19). Yesterday on my way home, I was using Ways and listening through music through Spotify. I was pretty close to my destination and trying to change from my Ways to my music, all the sudden it seemed like my screen had frozen, as I put my car into park, the screen went black. I had to go to class so my car was sitting for about two hours unattended when I got back, my phone was not registering with Apple Carplay, I have tried to delete and re-pair it with my phone but nothing is seeming to work. My phone is charging while plugged in but it is saying to plug in my USB where the phone icon is. Has anyone run into this issue? I enjoy using the apple car play for navigation and music so it's irritating that ONE MONTH in I am having issues. If anyone has any insight please let me know as I'd like to avoid going to the dealer LOL.
I have the same car as you since 3/2019. The same thing happened,so I did a factory reset and it started to work again. It stops working every 3 weeks like clockwork. It’s so frustrating, and my local Honda shop is not helpful at all. I hate having to reprogram the clock and all my sxm/FM radio stations constantly. I absolutely love the car, but this issue will be why I don’t renew my lease, and probably won’t buy a Honda again.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have the same car as you since 3/2019. The same thing happened,so I did a factory reset and it started to work again. It stops working every 3 weeks like clockwork. It’s so frustrating, and my local Honda shop is not helpful at all. I hate having to reprogram the clock and all my sxm/FM radio stations constantly. I absolutely love the car, but this issue will be why I don’t renew my lease, and probably won’t buy a Honda again.
If it is happening that often, and on a repeatable basis, I'd actually lean towards seeing what is happening with your iPhone updates. Apple is good about pushing out updates on a consistent basis. Perhaps the Apple updates are causing the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it is happening that often, and on a repeatable basis, I'd actually lean towards seeing what is happening with your iPhone updates. Apple is good about pushing out updates on a consistent basis. Perhaps the Apple updates are causing the issue.
The Honda dealer also told me it was probably apples fault... but my wife’s phone and my other work phone do the same thing. When the Honda system is unresponsive, Androids don’t work either. The USB still charges, and you can plug it in the iPod USB and that will work, just no smart phone connection. all our phones work fine in my wife’s Toyota, so I really think it should be on Honda to come up with a solution on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts