• No

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 40.5%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Undecided, I need to figure out if I want ground clearance or not. A manual transmission is a must, so here's my list.

If I go for ground clearance...Subaru XV and Forester, HR-V
If not....VW Golf, Honda Fit, Subaru Impreza, used Toyota Matrix, Scion iM

If I decide the manual isn't critical I'll add the Toyota RAV4, Mazda CX-5, and maybe the Kia Soul.

Or, I've been leaning towards just keeping my current car. After-all, it's a much more sound financial decision for me to just keep my Toyota Solara up and running, it's in perfect working order.

·
Registered
56 Posts
waiting until 2017 for a number of reasons. As of now I am back in the HR-V camp but I want to see how the first run on these cars turns out. I have cooled on the GLA but it is still a contender. If they fix the road noise/wind noise issue and do away with the run flat tires I might look harder at the three pointed star. Of course something new may pop up and turn everything upside down. It is a very hot segment right now and many things will change over the next year.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Probably not. I bought a 2014 CR-V, so not in a hurry to replace. May buy one in 2017 after retirement to Florida. No idea what competition I may consider at that time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have to see if 1) it's a comfortable vehicle size wise & if the support in the seats is enough for me (bad back) and 2) If I like the way it drives. I also want as many bells & whistles as I can get for the best price. I'm a spoiled driver and I want it all!!

Have thought about all of the following:

BMW X1
Cooperman Mini
RDX
CR-V
Crosstour
Accord

I like the idea of a new car vs. certified pre-owned which I might have to do in some of my other choices.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Still undecided..hoping it doesn't look like a pregnant FIT like someone said. Not thrilled with color choices with interiors. Going to check out CX5, new Tucson, Encore. Would have bought CRV but don't like all the vibration issues I am hearing about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have consider the following.

2016 HR-V (seem to the right size, has everything i'm looking for, just need to see it in person)

2015 Nissan Juke (we felt it was too small)

2015 Rav4 (got a decent offer, $600 below invoice for an XLE awd. Will get this, if we don't like the HR-V)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Yes, unfortunately nothing from Ford or Toyota (Escape and RAV4 are too big) right now so options are limited. Need a sub-compact for city living.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Undecided until checking out the HR-V. It is between the HR-V and the new Fit. Of course, I could keep my 2004 Civic with 205,000 miles on it but I am itching for something new with all of the new tech options. I really like the Fit as my commuter car, always been a hatchback guy. My wife wants me to look at the HR-V as she likes the idea of a small CUV.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Good idea though I bet you cannot go wrong with either. ;)

Undecided until checking out the HR-V. It is between the HR-V and the new Fit. Of course, I could keep my 2004 Civic with 205,000 miles on it but I am itching for something new with all of the new tech options. I really like the Fit as my commuter car, always been a hatchback guy. My wife wants me to look at the HR-V as she likes the idea of a small CUV.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I live in Mexico city, there is a Honda dealership near my place and they have 5 HRVs, they have it in white, blue, red and mulberry, I saw em last monday, they had them in a basement, at first I was kind of disappointed, to me it does nos feel like a SUV or a CUV, the feeling was more like a heightened fit, it was my first impression that the plastics feel and look kind of cheap, I went again yesterday and they now have them on the showroom, they do look really nice on the outside, is a nice looking vehicle, the inside still feels small to me, I have had SUVs for 10 years now and I don't get that feeling from the HRV, haven't driven it yet but I would hope you would get the feeling of driving a car which would be nice as is the SUVs you had that rollover feeling in some curbs, back to the question I was considering buying the the EX HRV, would have to test drive ti but im pretty sure I won't be buying it as I am leaning towards a CRV LX or the Nissan Rogue, I do know I would lose all the equipment in the CRV LX but i thing I am getting more of a car for just 2k more, a bigger engine, better cargo space, more comfortable seats. On the other hand the nissan Rogue offers quite a lot of equipment for 23k with more cargo space and greater engine

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I live in Mexico city, there is a Honda dealership near my place and they have 5 HRVs, they have it in white, blue, red and mulberry, I saw em last monday, they had them in a basement, at first I was kind of disappointed, to me it does nos feel like a SUV or a CUV, the feeling was more like a heightened fit, it was my first impression that the plastics feel and look kind of cheap, I went again yesterday and they now have them on the showroom, they do look really nice on the outside, is a nice looking vehicle, the inside still feels small to me, I have had SUVs for 10 years now and I don't get that feeling from the HRV, haven't driven it yet but I would hope you would get the feeling of driving a car which would be nice as is the SUVs you had that rollover feeling in some curbs, back to the question I was considering buying the the EX HRV, would have to test drive ti but im pretty sure I won't be buying it as I am leaning towards a CRV LX or the Nissan Rogue, I do know I would lose all the equipment in the CRV LX but i thing I am getting more of a car for just 2k more, a bigger engine, better cargo space, more comfortable seats. On the other hand the nissan Rogue offers quite a lot of equipment for 23k with more cargo space and greater engine
Hey lalopacheco,
I know many are anxious here to see the HR-V in Red and Mulberry. Do you think you could take some pictures and post them here? Thanks!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey lalopacheco,
I know many are anxious here to see the HR-V in Red and Mulberry. Do you think you could take some pictures and post them here? Thanks!

That's the first time I've seen so much color, lucky him! I can't wait to see the Mulberry.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts