Honda HR-V Forum banner

Are You Taking Off Friday May 15 To Buy Your HRV?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right on schedule, many of us have confirmed the HRV will be at dealerships and ready for test driving Friday May 15. I am planning on taking the day off and call it HRV NATIONAL HOLIDAY!!! :D Probably will have to make a visit Thursday evening too.

Interesting in hearing who all is planning to do the same, though this is just an excessively small sample population for all those who have already put deposits down. I would hate to have my Honda in for service next Friday as it is going to be a busy day. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll probably end up taking the day of too! Not only to check out the HRV but because its Friday ;) Really can't wait to test the HRV first hand though. You can only gain so much knowledge through the forum until you just gotta drive it to see how it really is.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, think we know all there is to know at this point. Heck, we have no that for months now with no surprises. So only thing really left for those serious buyers is drive it next friday and buy it if you like. If not, move onto another vehicle. ;)

I'll probably end up taking the day of too! Not only to check out the HRV but because its Friday ;) Really can't wait to test the HRV first hand though. You can only gain so much knowledge through the forum until you just gotta drive it to see how it really is.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I won't be taking the day off. I never do that. But I will be there after work probably around 4:00. Just to find out what they found out from their training (which happens to be that day as well), take a look at their few in stock and hopefully test drive one.

And even though I'll have the money in hand by then to do so, it's highly doubtful I'll be purchasing and driving one home that day, as they indicated that they probably won't have the trim I want out of the few they get. But maybe I'll be lucky.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you get a chance, you might want to attend the training which it sounds like most on here did not take the opportunity to attend. Very informative and answered all my questions.

I won't be taking the day off. I never do that. But I will be there after work probably around 4:00. Just to find out what they found out from their training (which happens to be that day as well), take a look at their few in stock and hopefully test drive one.

And even though I'll have the money in hand by then to do so, it's highly doubtful I'll be purchasing and driving one home that day, as they indicated that they probably won't have the trim I want out of the few they get. But maybe I'll be lucky.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hmmm I do have that day off already so might make an appt for a test drive. Don't think I will be buying it at least not right away ... I am skeptical on the horsepower to weight ratio.

I wish I wish they had an Si version already!!! That would be hard not to buy right away probably ha ha!

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you get a chance, you might want to attend the training which it sounds like most on here did not take the opportunity to attend. Very informative and answered all my questions.
I won't get a chance because, like I say, I don't take off work for those kind of things.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I won't get a chance because, like I say, I don't take off work for those kind of things.
I don't take off for those things either, nor this, not how I use my time off. I will be off on the 15th though to see a world natural beauty!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think your mixing up vehicles as only the Civic comes in an Si.

As for engines, you want an engine that is more powerful than the CRV, but for it to be in the HRV? LOL You had me going for a minute. :)

For those that was more performance at the cost of gas mileage, look for the Acura CDX in the low 30's probably next year.

Hmmm I do have that day off already so might make an appt for a test drive. Don't think I will be buying it at least not right away ... I am skeptical on the horsepower to weight ratio.

I wish I wish they had an Si version already!!! That would be hard not to buy right away probably ha ha!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts

Think your mixing up vehicles as only the Civic comes in an Si.

Umm....I am pretty sure he is expressing a "wish", not that he is "mixing up".

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks so much for the clarification...I would have never known that 0:)
By no means do you have HAVE to be the first, but given all your excitement on this board from months back, it just shocking now you lost interest as such.

Now you got me thinking the same, might hold off to see the CX3 and what Ford and Toyota bring to the market. I wanna wait til everyone from here goes out and drives it so I make sure its good before buying.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bet actually you won't confirm it here, but you already have a deposit down and are picking up your HRV next Friday.;)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Thanks so much for the clarification...I would have never known that 0:)
By no means do you have HAVE to be the first, but given all your excitement on this board from months back, it just shocking now you lost interest as such.
Shocking....just shocking! :D

I have not left the reservation entirely. Just some caution for what I will eventually buy, that's all. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
im not taking off from work to purchase a vehicle. 2 locla dealships contacted me this week in Pennsylvania telling me the same thing about the HR-V coming on May 15th. Both dealerships didnt mention how/if any are coming in on there lots.Waste of time e-mailing me with no firm info on when and how many they are EXPECTING!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good idea to keep your options open. We should have feedback in the coming weeks.

I'm glad that there are people who rush out to be the first ones to buy things, so that I can sit at home and wait for them to discover any flaws before I go out and buy it a few months later.

Thanks guys :D

1 - 20 of 72 Posts