Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Fob won't open back door from inside. Must be outside. I think self opening rear doors are optional on the mazdas?

Registered
That's interesting. It's a feature I never use, but I thought I remembered testing the hatch unlock button when I first bought the car and was checking things out, and it worked. But it's not working tonight. Doesn't matter in the least to me, because I never use the hatch unlock button on the remote. I just walk up, press the hatch release, hold, and lift.

Registered
A pair of small linear actuators, with a latching relay circuit could be activated from a remote or optical sensor under the bumper. But I don't see a way to make the key fob control it.

Premium Member
I like it, comments say 2-300 bucks and ill estimate 100-200 for install by dealer. If this was a family driver that was constantly getting groceries and such, I think it would be a great addition.

Registered
My bride's RAV4 has the auto-opening hatch. You press the button and it seems like it takes forever to actually open. And again, when you close it the time is fairly slow. So, I'll stick with the manual hatch, thank you very much.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts