Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any owners tell me if their back up camera looks like this? My concern is the lower left and right side where it is distorted. Looks like the car is blocking it. I don't remember it Looking like that when I first got it, but I could be wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Can any owners tell me if their back up camera looks like this? My concern is the lower left and right side where it is distorted. Looks like the car is blocking it. I don't remember it Looking like that when I first got it, but I could be wrong.
Which of the three modes do you have it set on??

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't remember ours doing that but I noticed it a day or two after we bought it.
I'm not sure I understand, yours did this also but now it's OK?

I tried cleaning around the camera, but it doesn't seem to be a dirt issue.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to the Honda website to look for a spec but saw one of their pics for the back up camera and it looked like yours.
Really? Well then maybe it's normal for it to look like that, hhhmmm

I just don't remember it looking like that last week.

Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I feel better now. I figured maybe I was making a problem out of nothing. I just wanted to make sure. I would hate to ignore an issue and make it a bigger issue later.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm not sure I understand, yours did this also but now it's OK?

I tried cleaning around the camera, but it doesn't seem to be a dirt issue.
Sorry. I too do not remember seeing the bottom curve when we first got the car but I noticed it a few days later and it's been there sense. I've just chalked it up to me not noticing properly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry. I too do not remember seeing the bottom curve when we first got the car but I noticed it a few days later and it's been there sense. I've just chalked it up to me not noticing properly.

Thanks Kaos, I'm glad I'm not the only one! lol

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also, don't know why I didn't do this earlier. Here are some images from a google search for HR-V backup camera. Other Honda's have this as well so our camera's are not loose. Yeah!

http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-v/safety.aspx

http://www.howdyhonda.com/oldblog/w...14-honda-odyssey-interior-rearview-camera.jpg

I'm thinking mine is more obvious because it's a white car. The white really stands out and looks blurry unlike the darker color shown in the Google images.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think it's a great image, personally... you can see most of your actual bumper, so you could back right up to a car or wall or post, and know for certain that you still had space.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think it's a great image, personally... you can see most of your actual bumper, so you could back right up to a car or wall or post, and know for certain that you still had space.

I was just afraid that something was wrong, like maybe the camera got hit and moved it or something. I don't mind it, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't broken ALREADY! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just thought I would give an update. The same day I posted the pic of my backup camera here to ask for your opinions, I also sent the pic to my salesman. He responded that he agreed that judging from the pic he didn't think the camera should look like that. He took the pic to the service department and they called me asking that I bring the car in for them to look at it. So I'm dropping it off at the dealership tonight. I'll post again when I get an answer.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts