Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sweet little HRV got flattened by a 60 ft tall Leyland Cypress last week during a tornado while the car was innocently parked in my driveway.

It smashed in the roof over the rear seats, caused undercarriage damage, wrecked the interior, and bent the frame.

Totalled.

I bought the car at a used price in 2016 with 300 miles on it. Carfax showed it had had work on the sunroof, but I never noticed any problems. Pearl White EX front-wheel drive with light interior. Got the heavy-duty floor and cargo mats and the twisty-screen for the trunk. Installed a Kurgo for the dogs. Got, but never installed, the upgraded sport horn and the door-sill covers. I had three quibbles with the car: wished it had been a little wider so hubs and I didn’t bang elbows so much, wished there had been more usable cubbies to keep tissues and garbage. I’ve forgotten the third quibble—but none of these were deal-breakers. I even loved the buttonless console.

It was pretty much the car I’d wanted for 10+ years, just perfect for me and my family.

Beautiful, near perfect condition, and only about 23K miles on it when the damned tree killed it.

I’m currently waiting for the insurance adjuster to call me back and tell me what the pay-off is.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Course it sucks, perhaps a silver lining: I own a '17 EX, but the com screen is way substandard and most software issues were fixed with newer models. Sometime I wish for a tree! Point being: new models are absolutely better; sound mitigation, more comfy front seats, screen interface, even AWD response. Take a look.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Since you loved your HRV so, maybe a new one is in your future. Before closing on the settlement with the insurance company, grab everything you can take with you. The heavy-duty floor and cargo mats and the twisty-screen for the trunk and Kurgo. Even if you don't get a new HRV you can probably put those things on Craigslist and get a few new items for your next ride. Oh, and chop up that darn tree and use it for firewood!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since you loved your HRV so, maybe a new one is in your future. Before closing on the settlement with the insurance company, grab everything you can take with you. The heavy-duty floor and cargo mats and the twisty-screen for the trunk and Kurgo. Even if you don't get a new HRV you can probably put those things on Craigslist and get a few new items for your next ride. Oh, and chop up that darn tree and use it for firewood!
That tree was 1 of 3 scheduled to be taken down the day after it smashed my car. Bastard Leyland Cypress. We had 2 come down on their own, 2 that were leaning badly because of the storm, and the other 2 that were earmarked to be taken down (and of course those were standing firm). 6 removed in the front yard in total and fed through a chipper. One pine came down in the back, but caused no damage (we just need to shove it into the woods).

YES! I grabbed all my personal items. The Kurgo I have installed in the HRV’s replacement, a 2018 CRV (yes, I know about the oil dilution issue).

So far no nibbles on NextDoor for the mats and stuff—Husky mats front & back, upgraded Husky/Weatherall cargo mat, the sport horn, a set of sill protectors, and the twisty screen. If anyone’s in the Piedmont NC area and wants this, poke me. I aim to ask $150 for the whole lot, but OBO for sure.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There still might be some 2019's around you could cut a good deal on. Back in January 2020, I negotiated a pretty good deal on a 2019 2WD LX.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There still might be some 2019's around you could cut a good deal on. Back in January 2020, I negotiated a pretty good deal on a 2019 2WD LX.
I have a 2017 coming off lease in July 2019 with approximately 11,000 miles 9estimate because it currently has 10,567) . I can buy it from Honda which I really am considering
only because I can re-sell it for more money. I have never liked my HR-V because it’s just too big for my Petite body frame . I previously had a FIT and should have stayed with it.
long story short. My HRV is a 2017 AWD With sunroof and upgraded features , dark
metallic green in perfect condition,garaged. Seats have been covered . Never in an accident, etc.
I am I Upstate NY. ..
contact me if interested. Can send photos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts