Honda HR-V Forum banner

Blower motor (assembly) replacement ?

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Michael613 
#1 ·
Anybody DIY here to change out the blower assembly ?
mine is currently making a slight squealing noise - like bearing is wearing out, and i see the part is like $100 bucks,could be relatively easy to swap out - if access is there.

Looking for insight here.

#2 ·
3 screws and 1 connector, it is easily removed out the bottom of the dash under the glove box.
There is no simple way to lubricate the blower motor. It doesn't even look like one can dissassemble it.

Our HRV HVAC blower was making a slight squeeking noise in cold weather last winter.
So far, it has been quiet this fall.

Reactions: John35g
#3 ·
3 screws and 1 connector, it is easily removed out the bottom of the dash under the glove box.
There is no simple way to lubricate the blower motor. It doesn't even look like one can dissassemble it.

Our HRV HVAC blower was making a slight squeeking noise in cold weather last winter.
So far, it has been quiet this fall.
Thanks- i would assume they use nylon bearings etc - not greaseable etc.
I will look at this this weekend now to check access.

#6 · (Edited)
I always say OEM is best but this VDO / Continental aftermarket seems interesting

VDO PM4820
$100 from autozone with lifetime warranty through them
https://www.autozone.com/cooling-he...-a-c-heater-blower-motor-pm4820/548601_0_1526

Listing says country of origin is Japan and "VDO exclusive Dual Bearing design technology provides quieter, efficient motor operation, by utilizing two ball bearings, bearing retainers, and riveted magnets"

#7 ·
Anybody DIY here to change out the blower assembly ?
mine is currently making a slight squealing noise - like bearing is wearing out, and i see the part is like $100 bucks,could be relatively easy to swap out - if access is there.

Looking for insight here.
I notice a slight squealing noise too... on my 2017.... when I put the fan on even the lowest setting.. ... I'm not mechanically inclined... I wasn't sure if I should just let it go or if it's going to turn into a major hassle if I mention it to the dealer or my mechanic.. Sad to think this would be a problem with such a new vehicle...

#8 ·
You'd be surprised the number of small motor shaft bearings/bushings that you can get a drop of oil into and they'll go for years. A drop of synthetic engine oil is OK.. Sometimes you have to drill a little hole through the housing to the bearing/bushing. My outdoor AC condenser fan motor has 34 Summers on it. Also, oil won't hurt nylon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.