Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I recently upgraded our phones to Google Pixel 5's, we can successfully link the phones to the car, but it seems that when we go to bluetooth in audio, we don't have any controls from the steering wheel, or on the main display (just says "no device connected"). Our Car is a 2016 HRV Ex

I was wondering if anyone else has seen or experienced this issue, and if anyone knows of a work around.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I just upgraded from the pixel 2xl to the 5 and noticed the same thing on my 2016! Glad I'm not crazy

I tried re-pairing, didn't help. If the November update doesn't help I'll start playing with forcing Bluetooth specs in developer options, like avrcp. Just haven't had the time to sit in the parking lot and play with it

Let me know if you figure it out!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Got it working! Enable developer options in Android, then change your Bluetooth options to this. Reboot. Took many combinations to get to this, and apparently rebooting is necessary

Annoying, but I'm guessing Honda didn't implement something in a standard way

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
869 Posts
This comes down to the issue every developer for mobile devices faces. Android has half the market, Apple the other half (for argument's sake). They can get it 100% right for Apple because they only have one operating system to test against. Not too difficult. But, for Android there are different flavors of the OS for every mobile device manufacturer. Android for Samsung is not the same as Android for another phone maker. They have TONS of work to do to get that 50% of the market. So, don't blame Honda. Blame Android.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts