Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, just wanted to let you all know that I got a surprise call from my dealer tonight saying they just got an Alabaster Silver 2WD LX with CVT - what I had placed a deposit for. Came down immediately and bought it at MSRP (zero markups or add-ons) with no hassle. Great dealer - Pacific Honda in San Diego. I won't bore you with more review drivel and pics, other than to say it looks and feels great. But feel free to ask any questions on this particular trim/color, and I'll do my best to answer it over the weekend, although I'll be quite busy getting acquainted with and enjoying my new ride lol.

Good luck everyone! Hope your success stories end up similariliy real soon!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Hey everybody, just wanted to let you all know that I got a surprise call from my dealer tonight saying they just got an Alabaster Silver 2WD LX with CVT - what I had placed a deposit for. Came down immediately and bought it at MSRP (zero markups or add-ons) with no hassle. Great dealer - Pacific Honda in San Diego. I won't bore you with more review drivel and pics, other than to say it looks and feels great. But feel free to ask any questions on this particular trim/color, and I'll do my best to answer it over the weekend, although I'll be quite busy getting acquainted with and enjoying my new ride lol.

Awesome Leon! I was really impressed by the Silver when I saw it in the showroom today, so excellent choice!

Have fun on your drives tomorrow!

·
Registered
39 Posts

Mazel Tov, Leon!

·
Registered
11 Posts

--------------------------------------------

You mean no additional mark ups? There is a markup already in the MSRP price over the dealers Invoice price. As far as Add-ons some dealers charge over $500.00 Doc fee. Advertising cost are sometime added on to the bottom line. If you paid no Doc fee and/or advertising fee add-ons that makes up for no discount off MSRP and tells me the dealer was unable to sell that car at a higher price to someone else. So it looks to me that the market is not as hot as many thought it was going to be for the HR-V. Enjoy your new SUV and thanks for posting. Hope all goes well 'down the road'.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
--------------------------------------------

You mean no additional mark ups? There is a markup already in the MSRP price over the dealers Invoice price. As far as Add-ons some dealers charge over $500.00 Doc fee. Advertising cost are sometime added on to the bottom line. If you paid no Doc fee and/or advertising fee add-ons that makes up for no discount off MSRP and tells me the dealer was unable to sell that car at a higher price to someone else. So it looks to me that the market is not as hot as many thought it was going to be for the HR-V. Enjoy your new SUV and thanks for posting. Hope all goes well 'down the road'.
Poetman, yes - MSRP, not invoice. And yes, there was a $80 documentation fee and $29 electronic filing fee, both restricted to these figures by California law. I was already expecting these.

Total of what I paid was $22,839.75, as broken down:

20,795 MSRP (includes 880 destination)
80 documentation
29 electronic filing
1935.75 CA government fees (tax, license, registration)

When I was stating there were "zero markups or add-ons", I was referring to this:

This was an additional sticker that was on each of their HR-Vs they were rolling out to their front lot on Thursday while the dealer and I were out there. I told my dealer at that time that I wouldn't be paying anything on this sticker, and he said it wouldn't be a problem. Indeed, the sticker was gone from the HR-V I purchased Friday night.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Good on you, Leon!! Enjoy your new ride, but don't forgot us here, especially those of us that have no opportunity to drive, let alone buy, until July.

Really interested in impressions from those that have actually owned and driven it for a while, too.

Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts