Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First a little backstory, I am a Service Adviser for a Honda dealership where I live. I excitedly bought my new HR-V on Saturday and drove it off the lot. While sitting at the light about 5 minutes from the shop, I decided to try out the Brake Hold feature. After pushing the button, the "Brake System" and "brake warning" lights illuminated plus the "brake" light was flashing anytime my foot was not on the brake at a complete stop.

After having the vehicle looked at by one of my Honda Master Technicians, and a couple hours of chasing his tail with an electrical issue, he found a loose connection under the dash with one of the big main fuses boxes. Whew!

Please don't take this for a bitching or complaining. I absolutely LOVE my new HR-V. Just wanted to give an FYI to other owners out there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First a little backstory, I am a Service Adviser for a Honda dealership where I live. I excitedly bought my new HR-V on Saturday and drove it off the lot. While sitting at the light about 5 minutes from the shop, I decided to try out the Brake Hold feature. After pushing the button, the "Brake System" and "brake warning" lights illuminated plus the "brake" light was flashing anytime my foot was not on the brake at a complete stop.

After having the vehicle looked at by one of my Honda Master Technicians, and a couple hours of chasing his tail with an electrical issue, he found a loose connection under the dash with one of the big main fuses boxes. Whew!

Please don't take this for a bitching or complaining. I absolutely LOVE my new HR-V. Just wanted to give an FYI to other owners out there.
[/QUOTE
I have the same problem and can’t figure out how to fix it. Can you explain in a more detailed way where exactly the loose wire was

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD CVT
80 Posts
I have a different issue. The "BRAKE HOLD" button on mine seems to not want to spring back out after pushing it. It still works but the feel is very vague with no click or feel of engagement. I'm thinking maybe dirt or something may have spilled into it. Not a great place to put it, right behind the cup holder.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S CVT 2WD Passion Red
209 Posts
First a little backstory, I am a Service Adviser for a Honda dealership where I live.
So your the guy who rings us at work and says your car needs new brake pads and the brake lines flushed etc.
Sky Cloud Font City Electric blue
🤣

In all seriousness though, if that can happen on a brand new car does it represent a reduction of Honda's quality control and vehicle testing before the car is delivered to the Dealership?

I hope you enjoy your HRV as much as I enjoy mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts