Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I have the brake hold on my car sometimes it moves forward ever so slightly and makes a creaking noise. It’ll do it on its own or when I move around in the car. The forward movement is no more than a few millimeters but it’s still scary. Anyone else experienced this noise and movement? It’s done this since new.

·
Registered
363 Posts
When I have the brake hold on my car sometimes it moves forward ever so slightly and makes a creaking noise. It’ll do it on its own or when I move around in the car. The forward movement is no more than a few millimeters but it’s still scary. Anyone else experienced this noise and movement? It’s done this since new.
Nope my 21 sport holds firm...

·
Registered
2021 LX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
186 Posts
No. My 21 LX holds firm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would guess the creaking sound is the noise generated by the vehicle moving ever so slightly with the brake almost fully on.

I would thing there would be a “brake adjustment procedure” for the brake hold and this should be able to be adjusted by most auto workshops.

Seagrass

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drove another newer car recently and I’m getting the same noise, it’s a Chevrolet. So, it must be because of the way that I’m working the pedals. All of my previous cars were manual transmission.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Are you applying the parking brake before taking your foot off the brake pedal or afterwards? I always do it beforehand and have never had any problems. Maybe your cable needs maintenance?

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD CVT
80 Posts
I've noticed this at times. Seems that the brake hold only applies the same pressure that you have applied when you come to a stop. So if you ease up on the pedal as you are coming to a stop, this can happen. However as soon as any forward movement of the car is detected, more brake pressure is applied. You can relax, not a problem.

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD CVT
80 Posts
What about the noise? Anything at all? Mine is mostly when moving from a full stop on brake hold. It’s just for a moment, not even a full second.
Anytime a car slowly creeps with the brake on, you can get this noise. It's just vibration of the brake pads. You can get it to make this noise while stopped on a hill if you start easing up on the brake until the car barely moves...it's normal. Kinda like running your finger around a wine glass at just the right pressure and speed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts