Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m new to the hrv family. I still own many Honda from accord civic and odyssey. We’ll long story short.
What to do. I purchase this car 2 weeks ago and today I notice the trunk lid not aligned. A new car I suppose I assume it was brand new. The trunk lid is off center and I saw clear coat residue everywhere. Not sure if it’s been in a accident or not. But I am hella upset right now. The whole left side and trunk lid has clear coat painted over. Little speck of dirt with clearcoat. Some fisheyes. I enclosed pictures. What can I do to fix this? I remove the tail light because of the over spray occurred here more. Even the tail light connector is sprayed with over spray. I always assume a brand new car suppose to brand new. Feel like I got a scammed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. Email them hopefully they respond to me tomorrow. I did some search just after this post and came up with new car act of pa and it said the dealer suppose to declare disclosure of any repairs of 500.00 or more. When I read this I got even more angry. What a scumbag this dealer.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Sorry to hear. Keep moving up the Honda management chain until you get satisfaction. Try to get all correspondence in writing. I’m sure your vehicle is not the first one this dealer has scammed. The good news is your car is still under warrant. Good luck and keep us updated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sales manager responded and set up to drop the car off tomorrow to have an EXPERT to look at it. I actually took pictures of every panel. Each panel has at least one or two pimples. Basically the whole car been painted over to match. Sad it has only 405 miles. I should had notice it sooner. I just hope they don’t twist around and blame me for wrecking it and have my own body shop paint the car.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Does Carfax show anything for your HRV?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t think it has anything. I saw only 1 in history. I ain’t paying 39.99 for a report that may tell me title issued

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It doesn’t matter I live in pennsylvania and they have a strict law about new motor vehicle damage disclosure act in pa. Read it dealer suppose to tell me if it’s been repaired more than &
$ 500 or 3% of msrp. Obviously the whole car been painted I think it’s more than 500 bucks. If they don’t help I have to hire a lawyer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It doesn’t matter I live in pennsylvania and they have a strict law about new motor vehicle damage disclosure act in pa. Read it dealer suppose to tell me if it’s been repaired more than &
$ 500 or 3% of msrp. Obviously the whole car been painted I think it’s more than 500 bucks. If they don’t help I have to hire a lawyer.
I just need to wait till tomorrow

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
549 Posts
Are you, the OP, sure it’s not just how it came from the factory?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Unfortunately, damage and repairs occur to new vehicles regularly. It often happens while in transit between the factory and the dealer and the dealer never knows about it. If the damage occurred while in transit in a state or country without disclosure laws, they may not have to tell the dealer. If the dealer doesn't know about it, they aren't required to disclose it to the buyer. Also, dealers get around state disclosure laws by performing repairs in-house or at a discounted rate that is below the state's minimum reporting requirement. In PA, for example, $499.99 will buy a lot of paint and $20/hr. labor for a painter. Even if they lose several hundred dollars on a repair, that's less than the thousands they may have to discount a vehicle with otherwise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I understand zrogers. But the whole car had been painted clear coat in order to blend in the repair panels. Would you want that? Maybe in a few months paint start peeling off. Spoke to the manager and he did the research an say that it had 400.00 of repair in the trunk lid only. Nothing else. I show him the rest of the car he didn’t say anymore. How do I make you happy? I told him another car. He said done. He has to pay my existing loan off and open another loan. As we speak the manager need to go to another dealer to get another car. I hope I get it today.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Good, dealers are not fun but I have given Honda HQ hell a couple times they said dealers are responsible and they forced issues. Had a motorcycle with 1800 miles on it they hid using the trip meter and told me I had to accept it as new since it was a dealer demo, they told me after - fuuuuuukuuuuuu - The cost of a bad yelp review can be staggering.

·
Registered
2017 HR-V. Dynamat-ed. Rockin Sounds.
39 Posts
Very glad this came to a successful conclusion! I would feel the same way. Paying the "extra" cost for what is supposed to be a flawless new vehicle... should absolutely be a flawless new vehicle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts