Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These pictures are the nearest I can find to what the US version LX will look like. The first pic looks like it has our version of the radio. Not sure we will get the chrome accents around the vents?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I don't think our LX will see the chrome accents, but otherwise this is probably pretty darn close.

The one thing that makes me think twice about getting the LX is that it doesn't come with rear tinted windows. At least the long promo video that came out around the LA show showing the 3 trim levels driving down the road didn't have that. I'm not sure if it's a big deal or not, but I think the car looks better with the dark tint.

·
Registered
751 Posts
These pictures are the nearest I can find to what the US version LX will look like. Ignore the radio in the first pic. The second pic looks like it has our version of the radio. Not sure we will get the chrome accents around the vents?
Don't see a second pic...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Is this what you meant?

By the way, thanks for posting the photo. This is another one I found on that site sans the chrome accents, but with a tach. Which radio do you think we might get?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

By the way, thanks for posting the photo. This is another one I found on that site sans the chrome accents, but with a tach. Which radio do you think we might get?

Yes, that was the photo. I was at work and got interrupted before I could post it.

I like that it shows the manual with climate control knobs.
I am thinking we will get the radio in the first pic because all HR-Vs get the backup camera and it is big enough to hold the smaller screen the LX will get.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I sure hope we get the chrome accents as it's a nice subtle touch, not too much... just enough.
I do too. It looks like it isn't in the second photo, but I am wondering about it because if it is not chrome, it kind of looks like gloss black? Really hard to tell in that photo.

P.S......I edited my first post because the photos got swapped . It should make sense now.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I wonder if this will also translate to the US version LX. One USB and a power point ( hidden on the other side in this photo). I would be satisfied with that.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I wonder if this will also translate to the US version LX. One USB and a power point ( hidden on the other side in this photo). I would be satisfied with that.
I wouldn't be surprised if it did look like that. Without the 7" screen I doubt the LX will have the HDMI port, but it might get 2 USBs.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I actually think the LX might work for me too. I think the non-chrome version looks sportier, as I'm from the era when chrome embellishments screamed "Buick". I definitely prefer the AC controls with knobs, but I would like premium audio. I will have to wait for the model details to emerge, but I like this interior. My wife's Odyssey looks like a video arcade inside - way too busy.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually think the LX might work for me too. I think the non-chrome version looks sportier, as I'm from the era when chrome embellishments screamed "Buick". I definitely prefer the AC controls with knobs, but I would like premium audio. I will have to wait for the model details to emerge, but I like this interior. My wife's Odyssey looks like a video arcade inside - way too busy.

I hear ya on the chrome. ....on the exterior too. I am old enough to remember a lot of Fifties chrome. I thought it was really neat as a kid, but looking back it was pretty awful. Restored old lower level cars from that era look good to me because there was already a lot of body sculpturing going on and just adding chrome was too much.

I am liking the simple interiors of the LX. In real life , they will look even better because these aren't huge expanses of dash here that can handle too much decoration.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts