Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@hrvadmin
When open a thread has a lot of pics. It doesn't go to the newest unread post. It will open at the old post with the pics on the last page

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
329 Posts
Do you notice if the page (sans pictures) loads, then the new posts gets shuffled down as the pictures load?

That's what I usually notice.

·
Super Moderator
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If no one else is experiencing this issue. It just occurred to me. It might be the beta safari I'm using.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Is there a thread this occurs consistently in?

·
Super Moderator
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any thread with lots of pics.

·
Registered
329 Posts
It's a bit hard to test... the behavior of the browser is a little erratic, varies with different browsers and I have previously marked those threads as read through forum tools, so I can't really go to a new unread post.

It seems in chrome, now that I've thoroughly cached the thread (checking it over and over for this testing), it does go to the newest post.

However, before that and in Firefox, it does what I mentioned earlier... tries to load the page, goes to the newest post and then everything gets shuffled as the pictures load.

What I've now noticed, even after caching the page in chrome, it initially does shuffle, but as if there's a delayed command, it then proceeds to the newest post.

Then there's another case... like the thread I created when I was looking for new wheels. It goes to the newest post and loads a few pictures from a few posts above... but not all of them. This only becomes known if I scroll the page up where the browser then acts up and starts loading pictures as the post appears on my screen.

My best guess is it depends on just how quickly the page can load pictures before the command to go to the newest post triggers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts