Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an HR-V 2016 LX and I'm looking at an EX or EX-L, 2020 most likely. My cargo tray and cover are in nearly perfect condition; was considering holding onto them rather than buying a new tray and a new overly-price-piece-of-fabric-that-folds.

I've been trying to look up the current accessories for 2021 & 2020 and it's been difficult to tell for sure if these two 2016 model accessories would work with 2020 or 2021 models.

If anyone has any insight, saving the few hundred dollars would be great since I know I need new all weather mats (GREAT purchase but boy I wore them out)

·
Registered
2016 HR-V EX
207 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
And negotiate to get the new all-weather high wall mats thrown in with your purchase. People aren't buying many cars these days because they are driving less. Dealers are hungry.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
270 Posts
My understanding of the 2019 update is that it was purely a cosmetic update with extra trim added; restyled grill, Reversing Camera, satnav and LED headlights and Daylight Running Lights became standard on all but base trim in the UK, so there should be no difference in the shape of the boot.

You could always swing by your local Honda dealer and ask if you could try your mats and cover in one of their 2020+ vehicles and see for yourself. That way if they don't fit or you do not like the look of them in your potential future purchase, it is something to negotiate over when it comes to purchase time.

I purchased my vehicle at what I consider a very decent price, however, I was still able to get them to supply and fit a Honda Dog Guard, front and rear mud flaps as part of my deal. They also refurbed/replaced all four alloy wheels.

You don't ask, you don't get...

The mats above look very similar to the mats I initialy purchased. However, they left quite a gap around the pedals which allowed dirt, mud and water to mark the carpet and get under the mat. In the end I purchased a set of WeatherTech from their online EU shop (£274.02 or $336.22 after import duty and taxes as they sent it from the US and not from the EU, which was nice of them!).

Anyway, IMHO, the WeatherTechs are far superior than the Honda OEM, they go right under and above the pedals, and the one piece rear mat is a real boon when taking more upright items to the recycling centre. However, I would not dispose of your old floor mats just yet. The WeatherTechs do not secure to the floor on the front passenger side as they do in the drivers footwell (unless they have changed the design), and this causes the mat to slide forward when you carry a front seat passenger. To resolve this I have secured the Honda OEM Rubber mat via the locking mechanism under the WeatherTech mat and it stays in place. I would only recommend doing this on the passenger side.

Good luck with your purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts