Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I heard a strange buzzing coming from the rear of my 2016 Honda HR-V EX MT. This happened after I started the car on a cold start in about 64°F weather. I know that it wasn’t my parking brake because I removed and reapplied the parking brake while the buzzing was going on and it didn’t effect the sound. This is not the first time this happened. The buzzing occurred another time about 5 months ago in the same type of weather and it only lasted about 10 seconds so I didn’t have enough time to take out my phone and start recording.

Without any knowledge of the location of the fuel pump, my guess is that the noise was coming from the fuel pump...

Note: I haven’t heard this noise in Accessory mode which leads me to believe it’s the fuel pump since I’ve only heard this when the car was on

Thank you for reading. Please respond if you have any questions about my situation and if you have any suggestions on what I should check or do.

Video:

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
414 Posts
The fuel pump is directly under the front seats. It'll be in the middle, under the center console for FWD, but AWD will have two pumps with one under the driver's seat and the other under the passenger's.

Either way, it should be more noticeable under you.

I haven't checked in my HR-V, but I know that in my Fit, when the fuel pump runs, it should only run for about 3 seconds. It's very quick. I don't think it would go up to 10 seconds in the HR-V (or any vehicle), that would be far too slow to prime the injectors/engine. Of course, that's unless there's a failure.

My guess is that it's a resonance vibration. Did you try revving the engine to see if it changed the sound?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply and for your information! I did not try revving the engine to see if the sound changed. That is a good idea, I will try it next time it happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like there may be a small rock stuck between a neat shield and the exhaust system. Do you hear anything underneath while the car is still?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am still able to hear the noise while parked but it is not as loud. It is very soft and somewhat difficult to hear.

I will have another look when I can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts