Honda HR-V Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey all. So I recently changed my cabin air filter with my preferred brand and make (ECOGARD XC36080) and realized one thing that I didn't when I previously installed them. Unlike the oem cabin air filters which have the writing on the front, these seem to have them on the side. I know this isn't monumental but I wanted to confirm with other users if this is how they have them installed as well. sure hope im not doing this wrong lol.Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey all. So I recently changed my cabin air filter with my preferred brand and make (ECOGARD XC36080) and realized one thing that I didn't when I previously installed them. Unlike the oem cabin air filters which have the writing on the front, these seem to have them on the side. I know this isn't monumental but I wanted to confirm with other users if this is how they have them installed as well. sure hope im not doing this wrong lol.Thanks.
I used the cabin filter made by Fram and the writing was on the side unlike the OEM filter.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I thought the filter is not square, but rectangular -and will not fit if installed rotated the wrong way (90degrees)
You are correct, but when putting in the new filter I just assumed the label faced the same way as the old one. It was only when it would not fit that I realized that the label needed to be positioned on the side. The difference between the length and width dimensions is not very great so that is not an obvious clue as to which way it goes in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new to this forum and just got a 2018 HR-V. I've changed cabin filters on my past Hondas for 15 years--always easy. What I'd like to know is what the actual dimensions are for the cabin filter for my HR-V. I have found either the info is not provided or I see different sizes from different suppliers--can anyone tell me the true size? If not, I'll have to pull it out and measure it myself--thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just changed mine today. I went with the K&N filter. I think its #VF2033...
Thanks for the info. I took mine out and measured it. It's 8 3/8" x 8 1/8" x 1 1/8"
The ones I've seen online often give you the box size it comes in, which is of no help. I checked my neighbour's CR-V and though I did not measure it, the size appeared identical.

·
Registered
69 Posts
In non-desert, non-dirt road conditions, what do you think is a reasonable replacement interval? What about removing it and blowing the dust out with compressed air?
Get a quality air filter from your auto parts store and replace it at 30K mile intervals. It will save your AC system. In the long run it is not expensive and definitely necessary. You will be amazed at the grass, leaves, bugs and general filth it is protecting you and your HVAC system from.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
337 Posts
I just had mine done at the dealership, it was $30 and after seeing this I will do it myself next time.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts