Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the rear seats folded down do you think I'll be able to fit a twin mattress I the HRV? Need to get rid of an old mattress. I read that it'll fit no problem in the CRV.

·
Super Moderator
1,785 Posts
Simple, Use a tape measurer and find out. If the mattress is bendable, yes. You might not able to close the hatch.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Width, yes. Length, yes if it's a standard twin and not an xl long.

Worst case you move the front seats forward a little or fold the mattress.

If I remember right, you have an easy 6 feet long bed space in an hrv

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you take off passenger head rest and recline that seat fully--can you get it in on it's side?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Fit a twin mattress into HR-V?

Is this possible? Has anyone tried it? I don't think the trunk can shut fully, but based on the dimensions of both, it seems like I should be able to squeeze the majority of the mattress in there...

FYI this is for transporting a mattress, not as a camping/living/sleeping situation.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Haven't tried it, but a twin should be 75" x 39", that should just barely fit, possibly with the seats up a few notches

·
Registered
549 Posts
If it is a foam mattress you can roll or fold it. We squeezed a foam queen size mattress in the back of an old 1995 Subaru Wagon which is much smaller then the HR-V's

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
109 Posts
This website has the dimensions shown. I too would like to confirm what mattress/bedding will fit.

I'm particularly interested in the right rear of the photo where it seems to be a cargo storage space, mine doesn't have that.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
109 Posts
I just did a test fit of myself (6’1”) and I did not fit unless I also put the front seat all the way forward and the head rest of the back seat up, then I fit with a couple of inches to spare. Now, just to find the correct fit mattress, be it a universal fit air mattress or a custom fabricated foam.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
315 Posts
That's where the breakdown kit (Jack, wheel brace, screwdrivers, towing hook and can of gunk) is stored in UK models.

Going by the leather upholstery, no child seat tether points on the rear of the back seats, and it has two rear seat back pockets, the image may be of a UK EX spec.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
315 Posts
Now, just to find the correct fit mattress, be it a universal fit air mattress or a custom fabricated foam.
Have you considered a sleeping bag with a built in 'mattress'/extra padding? There's probably a technical name for them, but they tend to be used by extreme campers, outdoorsy people!

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
109 Posts
Have you considered a sleeping bag with a built in 'mattress'/extra padding? There's probably a technical name for them, but they tend to be used by extreme campers, outdoorsy people!
Yes, but I'm old with a bad back and that probably wouldn't be very comfortable for long but it is an option. I'm just looking for an alternative place to sleep for a few nights during hurricane season when we have to evacuate and all of the hotels get booked up. Hopefully it's something that I never have to use but it's good to have a back-up plan.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
109 Posts
That's where the breakdown kit ... is stored in UK models. Going by ... the image may be of a UK EX spec.
The picture is from a Canadian website. I like that storage compartment because I have my flashlight, tow rope, battery cables, gloves and rain poncho stored in the spaces around my spare tire and I don't want them to rattle but then again I also like the extra space in the cargo area as it is now.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
109 Posts
64" x 39" (front seats pushed back and rear seat down with head rests down)
72" x 39" (front seats pushed forward and rear seat down with head rests up)
75" x 38" (twin mattress, not size twin XL)

I think it's going to fit, we'll find out soon. Those "SUV air mattress" are all way too big, I can't find one like that small enough but I don't like the air up mattress anyway. These are the options; a thin foam topper, a roll up camping mat or a tri-fold mattress. I'm not interested in the foam topper but listed it because it's an inexpensive option for some people. I'm going to order the tri-fold mattress because it's the thickest, once I find one that best matches the interior of my HR-V or just get black. I'll post pictures in a few weeks when I get it sorted out.

81dNgxw+B6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71Ne7BwkyZL._AC_SL1487_.jpg

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
109 Posts
I went to Walmart, Target and Academy looking at mattresses and there was no twin size in the folding pad, so I had to order it online. We'll know next week when it arrives how it fits. Walmart had the twin air mattress for $10, if anyone wants to use that kind. The twin size folding mattress was $135 for the good kind with memory foam, that's what I ordered but there was one with regular foam for $95 on Amazon.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
109 Posts
Well, as you can see, it (twin mattress 72” x 38”) fits but only with the front seats all the way forward. I’m 6’1” and the length of the mattress is an actual 6’ exactly, so my feet touched the rear hatch but my wife is 5’ and she fit with plenty of room. The mattress itself was comfortable to me but I like firm mattress and pillows. If you like a soft mattress then the air bed would be your choice. Again, this set-up for me is only a back-up plan during hurricane season if I can’t get a hotel, so I may never need to use it.
7DBAEF40-9334-4BD2-B209-AEC686C2A16A.jpeg A8557ABB-D734-4EA9-8A4A-36B295D9402F.jpeg 48010851-0652-40D0-9C38-6DCC10E4B053.jpeg C6CE7879-6648-42F4-BB28-560BF8F41DD9.jpeg 6620FF07-6792-478F-958D-127B0C4BCC27.jpeg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts