Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an interesting note, I picked up my HR-V Saturday and have not called my insurer yet, I use State Farm. I decided to shop around for insurance and called and did quotes at seven different big name insurance companies and not one of them have the HR-V in the system yet. Some when you chose 2016 for vehicle year had zero cars of any kind. Called and talked in person to double check and they confirmed it was not there, a few called down to underwriting to double check and sure enough no dice.

Possibly because of this my quotes were higher everywhere by far than my existing State Farm so it was a waste of a few hours. Some quotes were three times higher which made me chuckle, no idea who buys from those guys!

Going to hope the agency's catch up soon, you'd think they would be on top of new vehicle releases.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Took delivery of our HRV Friday. Called USAA Saturday morning to add the car to my exsiting policy. The agent had to run the VIN to give a quote. Had her verify the coverage and premium twice to confirm. No problems on my end.

·
Registered
205 Posts
State Farm set me right up over the phone yesterday. The VIN pulled up 2016 HRV EXL Deep Ocean on my new temp card. I didn't tell them all those details either. It went up $10/mo compared to my 2008 Fit. I also have homeowners, safe driver and low mileage discounts, everything transferred directly. I still need to double check if my credit union requires GAP coverage. Honda Finance did many years ago but I was also under 25 back then.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I purchased my HRV EX-L last Friday. Called my State Farm agent and was told to give them the VIN number. My agent had issues bringing it on their system. Had to get the sales guy to keep giving them the VIN number. I believe it kept bringing up a AWD version when I bought a FWD. Anyhow, it got straightened out. The insurance only went up $80 per year when compared to my old 2009 Honda Civic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same here, Nationwide didn't have the HRV in their system. The insurance went down though, compared to my 2009 Honda Accord Coupe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried to get quote with Progressive. Their system did not recognize VIN, nor HR-V was in the list of 2016 vehicles.
Had similar issue with trying 2015 Subaru Crosstrek - VIN not recognized.

Spoke to an agent, they said Crosstreks are pretty new and they don't have much claim history, but was able to give me a quote ($36 less/6mo than 2010 CR-V). As for HR-V he said they may have some idea in July-August date range, but right now it can't be rated.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Still waiting for info from my State Farm rep. I checked with Liberty Mutual and their quotes were way overboard. Waiting for the dust to settle, no doubt.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Luckily for me.. My Insurance agent actually ordered a HR-V for her self (RED EX-L) and she knew exactly what I was talking about!... For Me I have State Farm Insurance and the difference between $1,000 to $500 deductible is only $7 per month. Thank god I bundled everything together for how low I am paying. My '02 civic si hatch for 6 months is about $350. Lets just say my insurance only went up $20 a month with the HR-V added on. Also, If anyone else is financing their payments and go with State Farm as well.. you can get a nice APR of 2.5% if you ask your insurance about it. I got 5% from the dealer and after my first month, I am transferring it to state farm for the APR rate of 2.5% as soon as I can!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just checked my online State Farm account and now see they have listed my new HRV EX-L. Everything looks OK and I am able to print my car insurance cards. Will get my car tags and registration this Friday, this is not enjoyable as the lines will be long. I enjoy driving my HRV every day and like the way that it drives.

·
Registered
185 Posts
HRV is only $35 more than my 09 Fit per 6 months with State Farm.

I like state farm. Usually when buying a New New New car... Insurances give you a high quote. But with state farm... I can trust that I wont be paying more than what I can afford in regards to payment.

$150 more than my 02 Civic Si. Then again, was only Liability on it :p.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not in Allstate's system either. I'm switching to Progressive anyway. It's in their system and the rates are way better. (Èmpower was kind enough to do a search on car insurance rates for me)The hr-v is even cheaper to insure than my accord! Must be the cameras.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts