Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm planning to get a phone mount for my HR-V 2020 model. My car comes with CarPlay for my iPhone but having to plug and unplug numerous times on a daily basis is going to ruin the charging port of my phone so I went on looking for a phone mount and only use CarPlay when necessary.

I tried using an old aircon phone mount and it's ok - wobbles a bit and not sure how it will affect the ac plastic blades in the long run. I'm looking at getting a dashboard phone mount like the one from IPOW. Problem is, it comes with 3m adhesive tape for locking it in place. I'm not sure how safe is this 3M adhesive tape for my dashboard and I just don't want to ruin my new car if later on I decided to change phone mount.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
248 Posts
I like the Scosche magnetic mounts, their 'sticky' suction cups work GREAT, whether dash or glass. You can get plain mounts or recharging ones.

Hopefully, they are available Down Under!

·
Super Moderator
1,799 Posts
I'm planning to get a phone mount for my HR-V 2020 model. My car comes with CarPlay for my iPhone but having to plug and unplug numerous times on a daily basis is going to ruin the charging port of my phone so I went on looking for a phone mount and only use CarPlay when necessary.
You can go wireless or a magnetic plug.

I haven't been keeping track of if they fixed the issues with the Honda info system? They are improving the firmware.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
377 Posts
If you are just looking for somewhere to stow your phone there is a cubby each side of the centre console which is more than adequate for holding my Samsung S9 in a Spigen Body Armour case. When I first purchased the car this is where I kept my phone whilst charging it via the USB. There is also the space in front of the USB and 12v ports as well.

Not sure if your head unit has a CD slot, but I use a CD Slot Mount for holding my mobile and my TomTom. Prior to this I used a vent mount for my Tomtom and mounted it on the nearest to me passenger air vent as not only are they more robust than the flimsy drivers side vents, but I could knock off or switch on the air flow to the satnav so I could keep it cool in the summer and not fry it in the winter. If you are just looking to use the mount to hold the phone and not use it, it should be fine in that location.

When just out for a donder, and I don't intend to use my phone for satnav, I place it in something similar to this which I keep in the cup holder nearest to the armrest.

On my previous vehicle plenty of people swore by Brodit Proclips but their location on the HR-V is not conducive to a safe journey if intending to use it for satnav.

When it comes to attaching things to the dash, just a Heads Up, there have been a number of incidents reported by some Skoda Karoq (and possibly Kodiaq) owners that their vehicles dash has been permanently damaged by phone mounts when being removed - they remove the protective coating/layer on the top surface of the dash leaving a permanent suction cup/sticky pad stain behind. Not sure if it is a VAG quality control issue, or not, but it may be worth baring in mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts