Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to keep an eye on second hand HR-V prices, and although there has been a sharp increase in prices over the last year or so, most are sold within a month or two.

Apart from this one. It has been advertised for sale since at least the beginning of the year, if not longer;

Modified HR-V

I'm wondering if the the salesperson who took this in is still in a job!

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
166 Posts
Low mileage too. There has to be something going on with that one if it's still sitting in a lot. IMHO, the mods to it aren't that extreme to impact sales. We don't have a lot of info about what's going on under the hood though. Just the visuals.

Reactions: SlowFosho

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
368 Posts
While many owners enjoy modifying their cars, history proves that un-modified cars have a better resale value.

Minor mods like the wheels should have been returned to stock before offering.

Reactions: SlowFosho

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a bit of a mish mash. They have chosen red highlights for the wing mirror caps and red inserts on the alloys, but choose to colour code the sporty front vallance and rear bumper the same colour as the bodywork. They go to that extreme yet leave the door guard unpainted.

The wing mirror caps will require replacing, the alloys are not a standard HR-V style. The front vallance looks like it has come off a Jazz (Fit). Don't know where the rear bumper section has come from. The door guards would look better colour coordinated.

The fitment of the tow bar (even if it does look like OEM) is enough to put people off as you don't know what type of life the car has had; monthly trip to the dump with a small trailer, or month long Continental holiday towing a caravan?

I think it would sell quicker if the dealership was prepared to spend a bit on it; fit the correct alloys and replace the wing mirror caps with body coloured ones. If detachable, remove the tow bar hook and leave in the boot for potential owners to see. I paid extra for the detachable version as I know just how much of a shin Shredder the permanent fit can be!

To show just how crazy the second hand car market is at the moment, that is the same spec, colour and age as mine and I paid £12k 2 years ago. Although mine had 32k on the clock compared to 27k on this one, I got two free services included in my price.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Schoolboy error! Probably a cut and paste jobby!

My vehicle was originally advertised as having factory satnav, it doesn't. Got over £1k in accessories and replacement alloys as compensation. Purchased a TomTom with lifetime map and traffic updates with the money I saved on the accessories.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Schoolboy error! Probably a cut and paste jobby!

My vehicle was originally advertised as having factory satnav, it doesn't. Got over £1k in accessories and replacement alloys as compensation. Purchased a TomTom with lifetime map and traffic updates with the money I saved on the accessories.
Tom Tom had an upgrade where you could get John Cleese as its voice. I almost got it just for that lol

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tom Tom had an upgrade where you could get John Cleese as its voice. I almost got it just for that lol
Just had a look on their website and they do not appear to support that anymore, just the voices pertinent to your country/language. I also note that with one of their ranges you pay either a monthly or annual subscription price to keep your device up to date. I guess that is the way we are now heading....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts