Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
IMO the HRV could with another cargo light either over head or on the opposite side to the current one.
Can't have enough light inside a car at night when looking for or moving stuff around. (y) (y)
@suparoo,
Totally agree.
I wished that there was another cargo light on the opposite side of the existing light even though I already changed the bulb to LED.

It would appear Honda read both comments. The only issue is you just have to buy a MkIII HR-V.........

Car Vehicle Trunk Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
231 Posts
I added 2 puck LED lights to the hatch lid. Mounted to the access covers and wire run through the existing harness tube and connected to the cargo light switch. Makes the cargo area and the ground below much brighter.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
I added 2 puck LED lights to the hatch lid. Mounted to the access covers and wire run through the existing harness tube and connected to the cargo light switch. Makes the cargo area and the ground below much brighter.
For anyone who is interested, I replaced the stock cargo light bulb with SIRIUSLED 194 LED and the 2 hatch add-ons are Superbrightleds Ulite-B-W3 surface mount self-stick lights. Note that the existing cargo light assembly is switched ground so you need to run 2 wires (+12V and ground) to the new hatch lights. Time consuming but relatively easy to do.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
HUK now sell it as an (expensive) option for the MkIII;

·
Registered
231 Posts
HUK now sell it as an (expensive) option for the MkIII;

WOW! That is almost $200 in "real money", and for only 1 light. I paid less than $10 for 2 lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For anyone who is interested, I replaced the stock cargo light bulb with SIRIUSLED 194 LED and the 2 hatch add-ons are Superbrightleds Ulite-B-W3 surface mount self-stick lights. Note that the existing cargo light assembly is switched ground so you need to run 2 wires (+12V and ground) to the new hatch lights. Time consuming but relatively easy to do.
So those 2 picks are actually hardwired and turn on with the opening of the hatchback? That’s awesome…I need to figure out how to do that.

·
Registered
231 Posts
So those 2 picks are actually hardwired and turn on with the opening of the hatchback? That’s awesome…I need to figure out how to do that.
Yes, they are hardwired to the existing cargo light assembly and they turn on when the rear tailgate is opened along with the existing light. But they are not controlled by the switch, so when the switch is OFF only the existing light light stays off when the lid is opened. Another advantage to mounting on the lid is that the light is not blocked even when the rear space is filled. An easy add on. Looks like those exact self-stick lights are no longer sold but there are other similar ones.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts