Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
12V car systems used to be so simple. They're too computerized now and it makes me afraid to modify my HR-V. It was up until the 1990's that I could install anything on a car but since the 2000's they have too many control modules, computers, etc..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does any one here put extra trunk light from their 2016 up to 2020 model, I’m planning to put extra trunk light from my 2017 HRV because I’m having a hard time during the night getting some stuff from my trunk even though I change my light bulb to LED.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,427 Posts
@John C. Look at post #9 on this thread.

It may be easier to just keep a torch in the boot. My previous vehicle had a boot light on each side (which I upgraded to LED) and it was still difficult to find things in there, though the boot on that vehicle was a lot bigger than the HR-V (610 litres against 393 litres), so I kept a torch in one of the recesses which made it much easier to find items, especially items kept in the wheel well.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,427 Posts
For those that have fitted the extra lights on the hatch, do they actually improve the lighting in the boot, and not just the area in front of it? I was considering fitting something similar, however, the fact the lights are behind you when you are standing in front of the boot, means you would be blocking out most of the light, especially if you are carrying something big and bulky.

I've fitted a rechargeable torch in the 12v socket which lights up the boot area pretty well, especially as it is located on the opposite side to the boot light.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts