Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 HRV Sport , does anyone’s CarPlay work consistently. Mine will work for a week or so then it won’t connect for a couple months, until one day it suddenly starts to work. This has happened consistently over 3 yrs. I recently read someone suggested to change background which restarts system, that works but I find myself changing colors weekly to keep my CarPlay working. I’ve taken it in to the dealership over 5 times to the point they tell me, they will call Corp office and get back to me and nothing happens. They say the replaced the audio system unit but no change. Anyone has any suggestions. I’m thinking of getting rid of this car even though I love it EXCEPT for the CarPlay .

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
251 Posts
I'm assuming that you have the factory head unit. What model is your iPhone? What version iOS does it have on it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m have an iPhone 12 Pro, IOS 14.6.
Is there something that the dealership can do to fix this issue? Seems only Honda has issue with CarPlay. My friend has a 2017 Toyota with factory CarPlay and never has problems unlike me.

I'm assuming that you have the factory head unit. What model is your iPhone? What version iOS does it have on it?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you connect it with a cable?

I do with mine and noticed that if I move my phone, sometimes Carplay disconnects. I tested it to by wiggling the usb cable at the car side, then on the phone side. Only when I wiggle the phone end of the cable will it disconnect even though its plugged in. So I'm suspecting the port on my iPhone X is probable the issue.

I used a light camera blower to clean out my iphone port. Then I'll rub the phone end of my cable with my fingers to rub off any possible dust or grease from the car (same grease that builds up on the windshild Im guessing.) Seems to help a lot. I also found a good spot to put my phone where it doesn't move so when it connects, it tends to stay connected. But if I so much as pick it up, sometimes carplay disconnects. I should probably just buy a new cable. 😅

1 - 5 of 5 Posts