Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,120 Posts
You could look at fitting a Bluetooth adapter to a CD player, but then you are limited to the battery life of the adaptor. Also, you would have to ensure the CD player had some type of shock protection. The last CD player I purchased in the late 90's had a memory of XX amount of seconds for when it experienced an impact it would use the memory buffer to cover the jump.

You also have to configure where you would place it and how you would change discs or even tracks.

An other alternative is to either purchase aftermarket or see if it possible to fit the earlier version of the HR-V head unit into your vehicle.

Either way it seems a lot of time and effort.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem with the new "Head unit " in the car (2022 HRV) is that it won't recognize other items without a code. Also it doesn't appear to recognize Bluetooth CD player also. Does anyone know who the manufacturer of the Head unit is. I thought I would contact them for assistance since the customer service of Honda is no help Or, does anyone know how to get the Head Unit to recognize a bluetooth devise that is not a phone or I phone?

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
166 Posts
Just a note. It is relatively easy to rip your CD's into mp3 files, and then drop 100 CD's worth of music onto a cheap 32GB USB stick. Then just plug the stick into the car.

Reactions: Fearturtle44

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,120 Posts
Just for clarification, is there a reason why you must play CDs? Are you unable to convert the discs to one of the various audio formats?

I'm aware on another forum someone contacted the manufacturer,* (cannot recall who they said it was) as they wanted to retrospectively add satnav to their Honda Connect HU, but they stated they would (or could) not deviate from the requirements as agreed with Honda.

*I will have a search later on my laptop to see if I can find that particular thread to get the manufacturer for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts