Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys the plastic insert in my center console cup holder has broken and I need to replace it. The two plastic cup holders can swivel up or down. Problem is I cannot find it anywhere online. Do you guys know what I am talking about? I can bring the broken one to the dealer to replace it but would rather buy cheaper online. I can take a pic of my broken one if needed. Any suggestions online where to buy a new one? Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's confusing. I will just bring my broken plastic insert to the dealer and see what they suggest. I don't need the entire cupholder or console.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You could also check a junkyard, this would be an easy part to find probably. There are multiple websites out there that let you search junkyards, some can even ship

·
Registered
153 Posts
The cup holder insert in our recently purchased 2016 HRV is not even there.

The cup holder assembly (p/n 77230-T7W-A01ZA) is readily available at our local Honda dealer for CAD$60 but I don't feel like pulling the center console apart to replace it.

A little poking around on the internet and this comes up:

US$9/ CAD$11, free shipping from China. Not a huge risk, ordered it up, we'll see what happens.
It should just drop into the HRV empty cup holder shell.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Pretty nifty find - with even more practical storage space than the original insert. I assume the large section is the place to hold a cup.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well the cheapo/China cupholder insert came in and it is not great.

Its make the large cup holder much smaller as it is not very deep and fits loosely.
I added 2 small pieces of velcro to hold it in place.
The cupholder section is way too small. It will only hold a small coffee cup or can of pop.

Most importantly, wifey (the primary driver), does not like it.
Not a big deal for US$10.

I don't feel like paying CAD$60 (US$45) for the entire cupholder asm at the dealer, so I think I will
check out a few HRV's at an autowreckers.
We show 3 wrecked HRV's locally available.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Good write up, got mine a day or two ago, yup , it is junk… I had a feeling…

1 - 9 of 9 Posts