Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to change the color for the ring in the center gauge? I just purchased my HRV and the dealer had no idea what I was talking about! I've seen it advertised as well as in this video: https://youtu.be/qVMpqpsHm5A?t=3m32s

She's able to set the center ring to pink. The manual doesn't say anything about it and I can't find anything about it online. Help!

·
Registered
236 Posts
When you first get in the car, before turning it on but while the instrument panel is still lit up, press the button/knob sticking out of the dash. It will rotate through the colors.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That was a very helpful video! Thank you for doing it.
Thanks! It's the first video ever I have posted on Youtube.. not very user friendly yet on video making. But I hope this helps others understand to change the lighting!..... Now to get rid of green and to keep it just blue.. sigh

·
Registered
620 Posts
I heard some of the colours aren't great. By that I mean they don't look exactly like the color they are supposed to be. Purple and amber I think are the ones.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I heard some of the colours aren't great. By that I mean they don't look exactly like the color they are supposed to be. Purple and amber I think are the ones.
Purple as seen in the video is more like a light violet... Amber is same. keep in mind these are techinically Primary colors on the wheel therefore it wont be as solid.. Red and Blue pop out strongly..

·
Registered
236 Posts
Although I like most of the "main" colors, the secondary color for some is really awful to me. (You have green, secondary color, main color.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here are the easy steps to follow to change the dial color:

1. Turn on the car by pressing the Start button.
2. Put the gear in the "Drive" mode.
3. While in the Drive mode, Press the Start button. The car should shut off, but the console will be on
4. Press the stick on the console and select the color that you want to change to.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Green means fuel efficient driving.
The secondary color means inefficient driving. This is the only one you can change.
The Accord Sport has the option to keep it solid white at all times, it can be changed from settings in the control panel, wonder if the HRV EX has this feature too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wish the ring would turn red when you hit redline - as a shift now indicator. I have a manual 6 speed of course.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Instrument Panel / Lighting..

:nerd: Came across it previously, unable to find now.. The How to of it, apparently there is a selection of colors ??0:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The center ring illumination can be changed to a color of your choice. With the
ignition switch in the ACCESSORY (q or LOCK (0*1 position and with the meter
ring illuminated, press the select/reset knob. Each time the knob is pressed, the
colors change in the following order:
White  Blue  Purple  Pink  Red  Amber  Yellow

·
Registered
51 Posts
The center ring illumination can be changed to a color of your choice. With the
ignition switch in the ACCESSORY (q or LOCK (0*1 position and with the meter
ring illuminated, press the select/reset knob. Each time the knob is pressed, the
colors change in the following order:
White  Blue  Purple  Pink  Red  Amber  Yellow
Red and the blue are my favourites.
You can also set the feature on random and everytime you start up it will select a different colour.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts