Honda HR-V Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
to change the color of the ring...1)open the door 2)get in 3)close the door 4)push the only "button (or knob)' to change between modes//mm sticking out of the speedometer/tachometer area repeadely

·
Registered
9 Posts
to change the color of the ring...1)open the door 2)get in 3)close the door 4)push the only "button (or knob)' to change between modes//mm sticking out of the speedometer/tachometer area repeadely
I came here for a real answer. Go troll someone elses post...

·
Registered
796 Posts
I came here for a real answer. Go troll someone elses post...
Our apologies Peter. I looked in my 2016 manual and found these instructions easily. I didn't find it as easliy in the 2019 PDF https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-information/manuals?year=2019&model=HR-V but it is there on Page 112 of the above PDF.

The center ring illumination can be changed to a color of your choice. With theignition switch in the ACCESSORY (q or LOCK (0*1 position and with the meter ring illuminated, press the select/reset knob. Each time the knob is pressed, the colors change in the following order:

White  Blue  Purple  Pink  Red  Amber  Yellow

·
Registered
207 Posts
You can only change to one " main" color- and it will always change into "Green" when you are driving an in Eco -mode ( light throttle etc)- and another color when you are driving aggressively.
Those you cannot change. ( at least for the 2017 models)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Peter, Sorry that you did not like my answer…after I had just bought my HR-V, I wondered the same thing. The answer is very simple. You asked a question…I answered it. How am I being a troll? It seems to me you are the one trying to argue? Just try what I said. The color will change to green if you are driving sensibly

·
Registered
796 Posts
Peter, Sorry that you did not like my answer…after I had just bought my HR-V, I wondered the same thing. The answer is very simple. You asked a question…I answered it. How am I being a troll? It seems to me you are the one trying to argue? Just try what I said. The color will change to green if you are driving sensibly
Reread your post, and then take the directions you gave and give it a try. Follow them precisely to the letter. You won't have done anything because first of all the power to the vehicle will be off. Second, the start of the instructions (steps 1-3) are snarky at best.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The key to changing the color is putting the vehicle in accessory mode only (which I sometimes forget & push it twice) Push the start button ONCE if you have the push button start (if a key turn to accessory mode). Then push the plastic piece that you use to clear trip miles, view mpg, mileage, etc). I do not see what opening the door and closing the door have to do with anything.
Also I cannot believe how long this thread has become!! LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reread your post, and then take the directions you gave and give it a try. Follow them precisely to the letter. You won't have done anything because first of all the power to the vehicle will be off. Second, the start of the instructions (steps 1-3) are snarky at best.
Funny thing, I did exactly as hikendan said, esp steps 1 thru 3. No key in ignition. Car is off. Opening and closing door wakes car up. Hold the button for a few seconds then start rotating through colors by repeatedly pressing button. Keys are in my lap. Maybe this only works on the 2017 standard transmission model, however, if steps 1 - 3 are skipped, it won't work because car is off...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a new 2019 HRV LX, had it for a week so I'm still learning things on this. I have the keyed ignition (not the push button). I open the door and without inserting the key, the dash ring lights up and I can press the dash stem/button and rotate through the colors. I picked a color and went for a drive later and the colors seems to change to two or three different colors. I read this thread and apparently the the colors change by the way you are driving, is there anything in writing that explains all the different colors changing and what for? And more importantly, how to turn it off and it just stay on the one color you picked? I find it very distracting while driving.

·
Registered
568 Posts
when the estimated mpg is below about 30mpg, the ring will be your chosen color. When the estimated mpg is above 30 (about), it will be green

·
Registered
57 Posts
when the estimated mpg is below about 30mpg, the ring will be your chosen color. When the estimated mpg is above 30 (about), it will be green
Thanks for that reply, I'll try to take notice of that pattern the next time I'm driving at night. I could have sworn it changed to more than just the two colors like you said it functions, but I'm not sure either. Like I said I'll try to take more notice next time. Cheers!

·
Registered
522 Posts
This is how the ring colors work on my 2017

The color will be green if you are driving "efficiently ", otherwise there is a 3rd color which varies depending upon your chosen color. Bright Green appears when driving optimally for all chosen colors.

For example:
Yellow as main color: . A chartreuse (yellow/green) when not so efficient.
Blue as main color: A lighter blue when not so efficient.
White as main color. A lighter green (almost a mint color) when not so efficient.
Purple as main color, blue when not so efficient. color
Pink, Red & Orange as chosen color, ring will become amber when not so efficient.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
248 Posts
So when does it give you only the main color? When you’re going full bore/wide open throttle?

I wanted it to just stick to blue... but since it kept changing to green for efficiency (I dislike green), I just turned it off altogether. Which seems like is only possible on EX and above since those have the multi-information display.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think it is the color you choose when going under 30 as hikendan mentioned. I was not aware you could turn the ring color off. How do you do that? I usually set mine on blue or purple since I like the colors it turns when driving inefficiently. LOL

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
248 Posts
Oh, it might be a 2019+ thing. It's part of the vehicle settings in the display.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You know - I love my HR-V. but with all the new (to me) tech, especially safety and info readouts, there's a learning curve on this. I decided to leave the gauge/ring lighting as is. My last car (a Fix Or Repair Daily) had customize-able indoor courtesy lighting. It got boring pretty fast. Now I just enjoy when I get my green efficiency ring both in ECOmode and not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know how to change the colour of the circle LED that wraps around the speedometer in the 2020 HRV?

41 - 60 of 63 Posts