Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not bad! Costco often has something similar that pops up like a window shade, it's bigger but folds flat and has a zippered lid. It's usually in the closet storage/suitcase aisle. I think it turns around $20 but it takes up about half the cargo area of my Fit right now. Keeps a roadside kit, first aid, poncho, shoes, tire chains, scraper/brush and all that jazz contained nicely!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Do as you wish in your new Honda, these cargo organizers may not exhibit the out-gassing of formaldehyde or other noxious fumes that Harbor Freight textile and plastic products typically emit. I occasionally buy stuff from Harbor Freight, but several items I had to return due to the odor and headaches. I bought an aluminum case last year and it stunk so bad when I returned it, the manager opened it and doubled over, eyes watering, him coughing and almost vomiting.

A simple search yielded this: http://dynamics.org/Altenberg/CURRENT_AFFAIRS/CHINA_PLASTIC/

And there's more similar stories online if you Google "Harbor freight plastic smell". Like I said, this product may not have this problem, but if so, I might not want to stink up the new Honda. I bought a ROLA organizer from eTrailer for both my wife's car and mine that works well and no smells.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts