Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my wheels today and the lug nuts took very little effort to come off. They were barely tight at all. My car is only six months old and I would have hated to know this years from now, maybe they would loosen enough to wobble the wheel.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wow - that is concerning !

my dealer prep didn't even bother with checking tire pressures - they were all out of whack (including the spare). I bought the OEM locks for the wheels and changed them out the day after I brought her home - checked all the lugs at that point too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
my dealer prep didn't even bother with checking tire pressures - they were all out of whack (including the spare).
My PDI barely "washed" the car. I'm pretty sure there was only one porter on shift and like at least 5 sales going on at the same time. I think the porter just parked all the cars bumper-to-bumper, hit them with the pressure washer, then with the leaf blower.

I bought the OEM locks for the wheels and changed them out the day after I brought her home - checked all the lugs at that point too.
I got "The System" from Gorilla Auto. It replaces every lug nut with a keyed one. The lugs are OEM-quality; no issues with rust in the 4ish years I've had them.

Granted if someone really wants your wheels, they'll just smash a window and grab the wheel lock key. But even then, it'll take longer to remove the wheels since they have to line up the key (or do the 12-point socket method) on 20 wheel locks instead of 4, so at least they'll have to work for it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts