Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve owned my 2015 EX since it was new, and had virtually zero problems.
Still loving it!!
Big concern had been the light grey interior and door panels, as 4 years had taken their toll, daughter got some blood stains on it from a wipe out, food here, mud there
So I broke down and bought a Bissel spot clean professional upholstery vacuum.
Wife loves it to do things like clean furniture, and I just did the HRV, the cloth almost looks like new.
I’m sure there are many good brands, this was a top rated.
Nice part is watching the water get sucked up, I think the passenger seat took 8 passes till the water was looking clean and not mud sludge

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
always use cold water for blood stains. Alcohol for ink stains...otherwise, soap works well. How does it look?
The bissel asked for hot water and it’s own cleaner, so I just followed directions. You are right with blood I’ve read cold is better, but probably after drying for the last 2 years on the back seat didn’t make much difference.
Anyway the 4 year old cloth interior looks like brand new, so I’ld recommend this for anyone.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Also Woolite...cheap at the grocery store....works great.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Water bottle with oxy clean or water bottle with 8oz peroxide and 1 spoon of baking soda. I would try light mixtures with water before full strength, consider scotch guard when done. Be careful with steam cleaners they can cause fading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts