Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Patrick,

I'm in Australia & have a January 2016 build HRV which I've owned from new (nearly 2 years now). It's been intermittently clicking & rattling in both the dashboard & the driver's side window for most of that time. Has been in & out of the dealer on numerous occasions, dash removed, driver's window "tightened". The road surface seems to make a difference (worse on some types of bitumen, definitely worse on unsealed roads), but of course the type of roads around the dealership don't highlight the problem. Dealer says there's nothing more they can do, so now I just turn the music up when it starts. Haven't had any other complaints about the car, but I would never recommend one to a friend on the off chance that they end up with one like mine. I'd upload an audio file fyi but the site doesn't seem to accept .m4a files.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Door rattle - Driver side

My wife noticed on our new 2016 EX-L HRV that the driver side has a rattle when the window is in any position other than fully closed. Seems to have the rattle sound when we hit rougher road, bumps... After some investigation, I noticed when the window is lowered to say half down, if I grab the driver side door handle on the interior, it has a lot of play horizontally and I can replicate the rattle sound. It is hard to describe but it sounds like something is loose inside.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Any suggestions on fixing? We're 600 miles into the new car and I'm wondering if this is normal or something to get a dealer to address.

James

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here with the issue. It only clicks when the window is partially rolled down. It's considerably louder on the driver's side. Some minor noise on the passengers side as well. I noticed that if I roll the window all the way down, and then back up to the position I want it the noise seems to go away. I'll be taking it in soon since a click/rattle like that shouldn't be happening on a brand new car. I think it just has to do with the fit/finish. If i push in on the door panel around the B pillar by the window I can sometimes replicate the sound. Mostly just happens over smaller bumps or when the car frame flexes while turning.

Luckily it's winter now and I don't have my windows down very often.

·
Super Moderator
1,648 Posts
My previous 09 Fit also has the same issue. I rarely open my windows. It kind of defeat the purpose of the in cabin filter. Especially, if one sees how dirty it gets after a year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all! First post here. First of all, just took delivery of a new Mulberry EX-L HRV last week and I am absolutely in love with this car!

Only issue I have, and wondering if anyone else has experienced this, is there's a clicking or rattling noise coming from the driver side door when hitting bumps or even on smooth roads at highway speeds. It's not very loud and I can drown it out with music, but if I shut the music off for a quiet ride, the clicking is very noticeable. Interestingly, if I hold the door shut tighter with my other hand while driving, the noise goes away, almost as if the door needs to be tightened while shut. Is this an issue with my car? Or is it normal for certain parts of any car to rattle a bit at high speeds? Am I being too picky?

Spoke to my dealer who said to bring it in, so I will next week. But just wondering if anyone else has had this, and what you guys think.
You are no alone my driver side door makes rattling noise too. I am in the mist of bring it back and forth for them to fix the problem. The sound is coming from the lower panel. It is only at low speed. Would like to know if others with this car are having this problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My drivers side door started making a metallic sounding click/rattle as well. I tried pulling the door card - nothing. Cleaned/conditioned all of the seals - nothing. I finally figured it out - the door striker plate was either not tightened enough, or something had gotten between it and the body. I removed the plate (Torx T40 I believe). Cleaned behind the plate and the door frame (I used Megs Quik Detailer). Reinstalled and the rattle is completely gone.

This was easy to test before removing anything, as if you open your door, loop your finger in the 'hook' of the striker and push/pull. If you hear a small click, this is probably causing some interior noise. The B pillar likely amplifies the noise in the cabin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My drivers side door started making a metallic sounding click/rattle as well. I tried pulling the door card - nothing. Cleaned/conditioned all of the seals - nothing. I finally figured it out - the door striker plate was either not tightened enough, or something had gotten between it and the body. I removed the plate (Torx T40 I believe). Cleaned behind the plate and the door frame (I used Megs Quik Detailer). Reinstalled and the rattle is completely gone.

This was easy to test before removing anything, as if you open your door, loop your finger in the 'hook' of the striker and push/pull. If you hear a small click, this is probably causing some interior noise. The B pillar likely amplifies the noise in the cabin.
hi, can you show a picture of this?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
hi, can you show a picture of this?
If you really need I can go out at lunch and take a picture, but it's only the silver ring shaped like a D on the door frame where the door latches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same window rattling issue on my 2017 HR-V less than 4k miles. I am like the other person that said I just doesn't even want to roll my windows down, mainly on my driver side. It seems "loose" as someone else mentioned. Popping sounds like crazy!!! My first oil change comes up in the next month so I will bother my dealer and see what they say. New car and this is just one of 4 issues so far, no fun!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Same window rattling issue on my 2017 HR-V less than 4k miles. I am like the other person that said I just doesn't even want to roll my windows down, mainly on my driver side. It seems "loose" as someone else mentioned. Popping sounds like crazy!!! My first oil change comes up in the next month so I will bother my dealer and see what they say. New car and this is just one of 4 issues so far, no fun!
If your dealer is good, they should be able to remedy. Especially if the problem happens 100%. Just don’t let them tell you it is normal.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,648 Posts
It is just the way the windows are design, probably to save money. The Fits also have the same issue.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Did you check the D ring like I said in the post before you? If that is loose don't wait a month, it's a safety risk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all! First post here. First of all, just took delivery of a new Mulberry EX-L HRV last week and I am absolutely in love with this car!

Only issue I have, and wondering if anyone else has experienced this, is there's a clicking or rattling noise coming from the driver side door when hitting bumps or even on smooth roads at highway speeds. It's not very loud and I can drown it out with music, but if I shut the music off for a quiet ride, the clicking is very noticeable. Interestingly, if I hold the door shut tighter with my other hand while driving, the noise goes away, almost as if the door needs to be tightened while shut. Is this an issue with my car? Or is it normal for certain parts of any car to rattle a bit at high speeds? Am I being too picky?

Spoke to my dealer who said to bring it in, so I will next week. But just wondering if anyone else has had this, and what you guys think.
Yes I took it in while under warranty they couldn't figure it out, I just lived with it, now drivers door wont lock or unlock except manually...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts