Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
2021 HRV EX L
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cold start in garage. Blue temp light lit. Foot on brake. Drop in reverse. Slight vibration in cab of car. Center console will have a slight buzz then like magic idle slows and super quiet. I saw on forums this is a Honda thing but curious if your HRV does this? Honda says normal. Thxxxxxx in advance.馃榾馃榾馃榾

Registered
2018 Honda Hrv EX
I have a 2018 ex and mine doesn鈥檛 this and I live in Los Angeles. I was confused why it鈥檚 always cold but I just let it run a few minutes before taking off. Honestly the only annoying thing I deal with

Cold start in garage. Blue temp light lit. Foot on brake. Drop in reverse. Slight vibration in cab of car. Center console will have a slight buzz then like magic idle slows and super quiet. I saw on forums this is a Honda thing but curious if your HRV does this? Honda says normal. Thxxxxxx in advance.馃榾馃榾馃榾

Registered
2021 HRV EX L
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2018 ex and mine doesn鈥檛 this and I live in Los Angeles. I was confused why it鈥檚 always cold but I just let it run a few minutes before taking off. Honestly the only annoying thing I deal with
It does do this?

Registered
Yah, I have the same 2021 model and it did this when I first got it. It seems to have gotten quieter now. Not sure if it's because of the warmer weather or if it just wore in.

On a funny side note. I noticed that if you're in Drive, then shift quickly to Reverse (When you're not moving of course), it made a little "ting" noise as if something in the engine bumped against itself. It seems to have gotten quite as well as the months went on, not sure if it still does it though as I've not check since then. Figure I still have 3 years to not really worry about it if it doesn't get worse. lol. Wonder if anyone else has noticed that.

Registered
2021 HRV EX L
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you have slight vibrations in the car like dash, console. I mean very slight?? Honda told me normal and as you get mile on it the motor mounts etc. it gets better.
THXXXXXXXXXXX

Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
I've had my 2020 for almost 8 months and it's got 13,000+ miles already, the vibration is the same and hasn't gotten any better.

Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
Yes, it's worse with the air conditioner on and the exhaust tip rattles in the rear too. I'm going to bring it in to the service department eventually. I read in another thread on this forum that somehow had their motor mounts replaced under warranty. My other car has hydraulic motor mounts and it's extremely smooth, which makes this car's vibrations even more annoying.

Registered
2021 HRV EX L
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, it's worse with the air conditioner on and the exhaust tip rattles in the rear too. I'm going to bring it in to the service department eventually. I read in another thread on this forum that somehow had their motor mounts replaced under warranty. My other car has hydraulic motor mounts and it's extremely smooth, which makes this car's vibrations even more annoying.
Thxxxxxxx
So it's Normal but annoying. LOL. Be safe

Registered
I think it's normal and my wife's Mazda does the same. The engine's revs will be higher immediately after starting the engine. Engaging reverse with the brake on and with increased revs puts a little stress on the engine and transmission causing vibration. Try to engage reverse or drive after the engine revs have settled, or with the brakes off. The car will of course start to move immediately, so be prepared.

Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
I think it's normal...
My Civic with 100,000+ miles never did this.
My Accord with 150,000+ miles never did this.
My Civic with 265,000+ miles never did this.
No car that I've ever owned in 30 years, except this (new) HR-V, has ever done this.
In fact, the only time I've ever experienced this (vibration) before was in GM trucks with 150,000+ miles and bad motor mounts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts