Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, Colors for center gauge, what colors are you guys using?
As for me, Red

·
Registered
549 Posts
I am rotating through the colors I like! LOL I used purple for a couple of months when I first got the car, then red, now using white. Will probably switch to blue next.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have had it set to Pink for several months. I like the way Pink transitions to tan and then goes to green when I’m in the fuel efficient driving groove.
For a while I had it on blue. That’s probably what I’ll change back to if I change the color again.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I change them around during the season. Christmas, it was red with red background on the radio. Now that the holidays are over, I have the ring as blue and the radio as blue. During Valentines and Easter, we will have the ring as pink and radio as purple. During the summer, we have no specific color we choose.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I change them around during the season. Christmas, it was red with red background on the radio. Now that the holidays are over, I have the ring as blue and the radio as blue. During Valentines and Easter, we will have the ring as pink and radio as purple. During the summer, we have no specific color we choose.
LOL- That's what I am aiming for, too. Seasonal changes. When I bought the car in early November, I set it to Purple (since it's one of my favorite colors). In mid- December I changed to Red for the holidays. In January I set it to "Winter White" since we had some snow. I 've left the radio at purple. Might change it to cool blue in the summer, but I don't plan to change it as often.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How can I make my ring light stay in one color? I already change mine into red but every seconds or minute it change its color in to different color.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
How can I make my ring light stay in one color? I already change mine into red but every seconds or minute it change its color in to different color.
Per my manual
The center ring illumination can be changed to a color of your choice. With the ignition switch in the ACCESSORY (q or LOCK (0*1 position and with the meter ring illuminated, press the select/reset knob. Each time the knob is pressed, the colors change in the following order:
White  Blue  Purple  Pink  Red  Amber  Yellow
*1: Models with the smart entry system have an ENGINE START/STOP button instead of an ignition switch

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
270 Posts
I cannot get access to my car for a few days to verify this, however, in the settings menu where you set the colour you want, IIRC there is a further setting to disable 'Driving Economically Indicator' or words to a similar effect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I cannot get access to my car for a few days to verify this, however, in the settings menu where you set the colour you want, IIRC there is a further setting to disable 'Driving Economically Indicator' or words to a similar effect.
Ok thank’s I already try everything but still the same.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
270 Posts
I've just gone and done this, so....

With the key in the Accessory Position, BUT, with the engine OFF;

On the right hand dial on the dash, Using the three buttons located on the bottom right hand side of the steering wheel, scroll to MENU SETTINGS.

Using the three buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel, scroll up to METER SET UP

Scroll to FUEL EFFICIENCY BACKLIGHTING.

Select OFF.

Come out of MENU SETTINGS.

The light around the centre gauge should remain constant, and the colour you chose.

HTH.

Regards,

HT

·
Registered
462 Posts
I've just gone and done this, so....

With the key in the Accessory Position, BUT, with the engine OFF;

On the right hand dial on the dash, Using the three buttons located on the bottom right hand side of the steering wheel, scroll to MENU SETTINGS.

Using the three buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel, scroll up to METER SET UP

Scroll to FUEL EFFICIENCY BACKLIGHTING.

Select OFF.

Come out of MENU SETTINGS.

The light around the centre gauge should remain constant, and the colour you chose.

HTH.

Regards,

HT
I think the 2016-2018 cannot have a constant color... they can change the initial "Idle color"- but it will cycle between 3 colors as you drive
(one color is when you are on light throttle and using minimal gas - the next up is standard gas flow/slightly more throttle, and the thrid is aggressive throttle /high gas flow)
I picked purple and it will change to white and blue accordingly (I can only change the purple setting)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts