Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
270 Posts
That must be a NA market thing as I drove back from work after deselecting the Fuel Efficiency Backlighting and it stayed constantly bright red, no dimming, or turning to White or flickers of purple.

I reset it to how I had It previously for the journey back;
Constant bright Green = friend of the polar bear.
Constant bright Red = driven like you stole it.
Alternating between both colours = Driven like you stole a polar bear.
and it performed as you described above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've just gone and done this, so....

With the key in the Accessory Position, BUT, with the engine OFF;

On the right hand dial on the dash, Using the three buttons located on the bottom right hand side of the steering wheel, scroll to MENU SETTINGS.

Using the three buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel, scroll up to METER SET UP

Scroll to FUEL EFFICIENCY BACKLIGHTING.

Select OFF.

Come out of MENU SETTINGS.

The light around the centre gauge should remain constant, and the colour you chose.

HTH.

Regards,

HT
Thank you for the advice but on my 2017 HRV I don’t have the three buttons on the bottom right side of my steering wheel.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
270 Posts
Ah, that explains it. I think you're stuck with it changing colours then, unless using something like Carista can change those settings.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think blue is the best color for night time driving...it changes to green (at least here in NA) whenever the calculated MPG is higher than 30 mpg. To select, push the start button without pressing the brake pedal, then cycle between colors by pushing the MM stalk on the dash, until the color you want appears, then leave it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts