Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
My interest is in the EXL. I've noted in another thread that included in the Cdn. EXL and not in the U.S. EXL are:

Lane departure warning. (LDW)
Forward collision warning (FCW)
Dual zone automatic climate control
Rear seat folding armrest

The Canadian EXL does sell for a premium compared to the U.S. EXL. and is only available with AWD.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm looking at the EX, and the dual-zone climate is the big win for me.

Hey Bicepeak... are you watching? You should look into importing a Canadian LX... the lower price could pay for the paperwork and the trip up! ...except you lose some knobs with the 7-inch screen, and it's not clear whether the climate controls are touch-screen as well.

On second thought, bad idea... it's probably impossible... endless bureaucracy and cost, blech!! The last thing we need is a horde of Americans snapping up our 10,000 units!! :D

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking at the EX, and the dual-zone climate is the big win for me.

Hey Bicepeak... are you watching? You should look into importing a Canadian LX... the lower price could pay for the paperwork and the trip up! ...except you lose some knobs with the 7-inch screen, and it's not clear whether the climate controls are touch-screen as well.

On second thought, bad idea... it's probably impossible... endless bureaucracy and cost, blech!! The last thing we need is a horde of Americans snapping up our 10,000 units!! :D
I"m with you, with Exchange rate we Canadians need to worry about Americans scooping up our few allotted superior/cheaper HR-V LX's.

But I don't quite understand the concept of dual-zone climate control.
My wife could blast the heat, while I crank the AC ?
Reminds me of the non-smoking section of a restaurant, or the non-peeing section of a pool!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Not so much blasting heat and cold, but a few degrees difference between the passenger and driver side. E.g. I often have cold hands while driving (poor circulation), so I like a bit more heat than my wife wants as the passenger. She often closes off her vents and cracks a window trying to stay cool. Another example: when the sun is shining in one side, that person needs less heat (in winter) or more chill than the other.

I'm hoping it works well. We've only had it on Acura loaner cars for short periods, but it does seem to do the trick.

·
Registered
751 Posts
You know what I just realized we haven't seen, is a definitive list or colour combos for Canada. It's probably a good bet that it follows the US options, but no guarantees. We could see a more restricted subset, or, just possibly, different combinations altogether, based on the different market here, or maybe the European market.

So still some mysteries for us!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I"m with you, with Exchange rate we Canadians need to worry about Americans scooping up our few allotted superior/cheaper HR-V LX's.

But I don't quite understand the concept of dual-zone climate control.
My wife could blast the heat, while I crank the AC ?
Reminds me of the non-smoking section of a restaurant, or the non-peeing section of a pool!
Totally agree on this. I am all for technology, but I just don't see how you can make one side of the car a completely different temp from the other. It doesn't obey the laws of physics.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Not so much blasting heat and cold, but a few degrees difference between the passenger and driver side. E.g. I often have cold hands while driving (poor circulation), so I like a bit more heat than my wife wants as the passenger. She often closes off her vents and cracks a window trying to stay cool. Another example: when the sun is shining in one side, that person needs less heat (in winter) or more chill than the other.

I'm hoping it works well. We've only had it on Acura loaner cars for short periods, but it does seem to do the trick.
I'm not expecting this dual zone system to function as my Pilot Touring does but I can wish. The Touring system is linked with the navigation GPS and the headlight sensor. This allows the system to adjust the zones automatically to compensate for the sun's strength and direction. Very neat. It also knows the humidity and adjusts. No foggy windows, ever, honest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
WOW, I am soooooo disappointed in Honda right now. I thought that $26700 for an EXL AWD Navi was a bit much and now I just realized it won't have Forward Collision Warning (FCW)/Lane Departure Warning (LDW)???!!!

WTF Honda, you may have lost a customer. My wife and I will either shop the CRV or look in to, gasp, other brands. Only other way is buying a Canadian version...I'm only 5 hours from Canada.

·
Registered
48 Posts
WOW, I am soooooo disappointed in Honda right now. I thought that $26700 for an EXL AWD Navi was a bit much and now I just realized it won't have Forward Collision Warning (FCW)/Lane Departure Warning (LDW)???!!!
I'm on the fence right now about the HR-V. I was looking into the Subaru Legacy and Outback (or Forester) all with their Eyesight. You might not get leather seats but if you deal, you can get the Eyesight in the Forester Premium for around 26-27k (and less in the Legacy). I am a little unclear about Honda's pricing scheme.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Totally agree on this. I am all for technology, but I just don't see how you can make one side of the car a completely different temp from the other. It doesn't obey the laws of physics.
It's not about the temperature on the whole side of the car, it's about the temperature of air that comes out of the vents directed at you.

·
Registered
514 Posts
It's not about the temperature on the whole side of the car, it's about the temperature of air that comes out of the vents directed at you.
Yep, I have it in my altima and it is one of my favorite things and I'm not sure it is something I van give up. My side can be 15 degrees different than my passenger and we are both comfortable!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I got an email from Honda Canada yesterday:
Breaking 2016
Honda HR-V News!
Dear Perry,
You asked us to keep you in the know on the all-new 2016 HR-V! Click the link below to see updates on the 'Future Vehicles' site, including:
• Available trims and colours
• Pricing
• Complete specifications, and more!
I was excited to see they've added the available colours, since I'm not sure they'll be identical to the US choices. Unfortunately, they haven't... at least I can't find any colours mentioned on the site, which afaik hasn't changed since the announcement.

Anyone heard anything about colours in Canada?

·
Registered
10 Posts

WTF Honda, you may have lost a customer. My wife and I will either shop the CRV or look in to, gasp, other brands. Only other way is buying a Canadian version...I'm only 5 hours from Canada.
lap49,

I'm with you ... Honda is being so arrogant I'm prob. gonna go with the 2016 Tucson ... 1.6 L turbo, 7 spd dual clutch tranny, and sirius without needing top trim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts