Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
368 Posts
The A/C will run in any of the DEFROST modes (to clear condensation from the windscreen). When you say "even if I don't have the AC on", you need to turn the HVAC totally off to accurately diagnose.

·
Registered
368 Posts
It runs all the time unless you turn it off.
that is not true... It has a temp senor so the unit will not freeze up.. It then goes through a clutch cycling switch and it mounted on the a/c compressor...this will turn the compressor on and off....The only other way the comp. will cycle on and off if you are low on freon...the low pressure switch will do that and that means you have a leak and need a recharge...

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
166 Posts
Thank you. I'm calling today about a pause of acceleration while driving yesterday in a local highway, so I'll add this to the list.
Curious to hear the results of this one. I noticed the other day that sometimes when cruising for a bit it takes quite a bit more pedal to accelerate. Almost have to push it to the point where kickdown mode is enabled before it will make any adjustment to the throttle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also have that problem and read that the ECON mode may be the culprit. I'm turning mine off for now to see if that helps. In the mean time, I did make an appointment to have the compressor looked at. It cycles on and off too frequently.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,126 Posts
@Hatenewcars you'll find your Aircon or Climate Control will cycle less often. You'll also notice an improvement in acceleration (and smoothness).

I ran my vehicle with Econ on for the first year of ownership, and with it off for the next, and it didn't really make that much of s difference to fuel economy.

I now run with it permanently off, the good thing being once you switch it off it remains off.

Here's a video to explain how Econ operates.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I’ve always kept my Econ button in the on position and rarely notice any hesitation. But being that I don’t drive every day and want to keep my gas consumption down, I have no problem keeping it on. Imo it’s just a preference.

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD CVT
83 Posts
Sounds normal to me. "A/C off" has to be displayed by hiting the A/C button to prevent the compressor from running. Otherwise it will run even when set to heat. It's supposed to cycle unless it's hot outside and it's running to capacity.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts