Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving the new HRV, but I have 2 issues........
it appears that if i have my morning coffee in the cupholder then the armrest must slide back and I can't use it?? Correct my if Im wrong!

Second why does Honda make such god awful styles of rims, I may be a girl but I so appreciate the aesthetics of a vehicle!! It appears I may have to get aftermarket ones??:mad:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
What style rims do you have on your HRV?

I love the 5 spoke on the U.S. version...reminds me of the old Acura Integra.

it appears that if i have my morning coffee in the cupholder then the armrest must slide back and I can't use it?? Correct my if Im wrong!

Second why does Honda make such god awful styles of rims, I may be a girl but I so appreciate the aesthetics of a vehicle!! It appears I may have to get aftermarket ones??:mad:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

From what I've seen the cup holder has two positions. The back one still should be usable with your morning cup of joe. As for the wheels, just do what I will probably do when I get mine. Put the originals on Craigslist. When they sell go buy the replacements as Discount Tire or your local provider, for probably about what you'll got for an OEM set of Honda wheeler. I will bet someone out there loves the wheels and would like them on their older Honda.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm so bad at drinking liquids while driving so I don't even bother! Haha
And the rims are, honestly, Quite bland...

But my concerns are:

The visibility out of the back. Not sure what the blind spot situation will be with the thick (C or D?) pillar and lack of port window.

Also, the horsepower kind of makes me nervous. I'm driving a 2004 Element right now with 160 HP and it seems a touch "laggy." But who knows with the new technology and mechanics; maybe the 138 HP in the 2016 HR-V will work!

Anyway, those are my concerns.

·
Registered
751 Posts
The element reportedly weighs around 3550 lbs. At 160hp, that's 4.51 lb/hp. The HR-V numbers are 2800lbs and 138hp, for a ratio of 4.93.

So while the HR-V is not going to be anyone's idea of a rocket, it shouldn't be significantly worse than your Element.

p.s. But the visibility out the rear is a concern of mine as well. Yes, there's a good backup cam and the lane-watch cam seems pretty cool, but I still want to feel that I have decent situational awareness. I just don't get the ever-shrinking greenhouses.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm driving a 2006 Civic sedan with a 1.8 litre engine right now which according to Edmunds.com weighs 2751 lbs. If the HR-V is a couple of hundred pounds heavier like suspected, I'm hoping the CVT will make up for the difference to give it Civic like pick up, which I would be happy with.

I plan on getting the AWD version which will weigh it down further, so I am still concerned.

Also, have you guys noticed that there doesn't seem to be an engine temperature gauge on the cluster? I don't think I've ever seen a Honda without one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts