Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone recall how long it takes for Consumer Reports to come up with reliability ratings per model year?

I am thinking it could help to look at the Fit's ratings. Being built in the same plant as the Fit, we could get an idea how well the HR-V will fare before considering purchase.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that here in the US there technically wasn't a 2014 model year for the Fit and they just sold 2013's until the 2015's came online. Looking at the Consumer Reports page, it appears that the 2014 model year is blank in their ratings. Depending on their timing, they may not have survey results back on the 2015 models until they've been out for a year or more. It seems like they have their new data come out in the Fall, and this past fall didn't include the 2015 Fit as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I read somewhere that here in the US there technically wasn't a 2014 model year for the Fit and they just sold 2013's until the 2015's came online. Looking at the Consumer Reports page, it appears that the 2014 model year is blank in their ratings. Depending on their timing, they may not have survey results back on the 2015 models until they've been out for a year or more. It seems like they have their new data come out in the Fall, and this past fall didn't include the 2015 Fit as far as I can tell.
Sounds right to me. I visited a dealer a few months ago and he said they skipped a year with the Fit. It would seem the HR-Vs would be on the road awhile by the time the ratings for the 2015 Fit came out. I could still delay my purchase, but I wouldn't have to wait as long for some reliability results for the Fit. Just concerned about the manufacturing plant mostly. If the Fit is "fit", then I will have more confidence in the HR-V.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I though they started collecting data like 6 months out. Anyways, by the time the HRV hits stores I'm positive we'll have Fit reliability info...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Speaking of Consumer Reports and their survey, this is an interesting video. Note: They consider a difference between "quality" and "reliability". For instance, the Scion XB they discuss (at 4:30). I'm pretty sure the HR-V will be reliable, I'm not so sure on if it'll be of high "quality" with the new factory.....

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speaking of Consumer Reports and their survey, this is an interesting video. Note: They consider a difference between "quality" and "reliability". For instance, the Scion XB they discuss (at 4:30). I'm pretty sure the HR-V will be reliable, I'm not so sure on if it'll be of high "quality" with the new factory.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRqE5f4tnuE

Derm,
I note that the word "quality" , or lack of, is not spoken in reference to the current generation Scion xB. Instead they consider it not a very good car based on design and poor gas mileage. A car can have good quality and still be as the Scion is described.

I think quality is more about how well a car is put together, making it a close cousin to reliability. If the HR-V is poorly and sloppily assembled it COULD affect it's reliability. On the other hand, a sloppily put together car MIGHT still last a long time but perhaps rattle the whole time you own it, for example ( poor quality).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts