Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my car starts it lets off a loud roar (normal mechanically just loud) sound that none of my previous Honda cars ever did in the past, even the starter itself sounds louder. I thought that it was unusual but heard a CR-V make the same noise. Then yesterday when I started it in a parking lot it set off the alarm on the car parked next to mine! Does anyone else have a loud car when it starts?

* I put “crank, crank, crank… Roar!” because the starter always sounds like it spins three times and then the engine will roar for just a second

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
853 Posts
Can you get a recording of it from inside and outside of your vehicle?

Coming from a diesel, I initially found the engine to be a lot noisier (tappety) for a petrol, but now I don't notice it.

Also, I'm pretty sure my engine just starts first time (no three spins) and just makes the expected starting noise, no roar.

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
303 Posts
The newest cars in our 'fleet' will rev the engine more than I would with a manual throttle.

One car (which has a loud exhaust, its a sports car after all) revs REALLY high & loud and emits pops and bangs when the RPMs come down. :rolleyes: (The factory fitted a dual-mode exhaust, which requires engine vacuum to control)

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you get a recording of it from inside and outside of your vehicle?
Nah, that’s too much work. I don’t think that anything is abnormal, it’s probably just due to being a cheaply built car. I was just wondering if others did this too since none of my previous Honda cars did it but since I heard that fairly new CR-V make the same sound, it must be the norm.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, I noticed that it really only does it when it's cold. It must be that air valve thing or whatever to make it warm up faster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts