Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when the HR-V might be (or should be) scheduled for crash tests after the car is released? It appears that both the Insurance Institute and NHTSA seem to purchase the cars when they go on sale--just like us.

Fit data:

Cars first sold: June? (I couldn't find the exact date)
Tests by NHTSA: 12/3-4/14

So six months until crash data? Thoughts?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Does anyone know when the HR-V might be (or should be) scheduled for crash tests after the car is released? It appears that both the Insurance Institute and NHTSA seem to purchase the cars when they go on sale--just like us.

Fit data:

Cars first sold: June? (I couldn't find the exact date)
Tests by NHTSA: 12/3-4/14

So six months until crash data? Thoughts?
When the Fit came out it didn't do great in the small overlap test initially and they pulled them back to fix the issue so that it would get a good score. I think that happened prior to the official results coming out in December, so I could that if there's a problem we would hear about it sooner as a preliminary result. That's just a guess on my part though.

However, the Vezel (HR-V's older brother) did very well in the JNCAP tests (Japans equivalent). If you search here there's a thread that discusses those results. (http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/289-h...ssion/3546-vezel-crash-test-videos-jncap.html)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Looks like the Vezel performs as well as the 2009 Subaru Legacy (which is very good). I compared a car that does well in the US tests with the Japanese tests as a baseline. Looks good just hope the US-Mexico version is as good.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I would expect the HRV to be a Top Pick and follow the recent Hondas. Because of its size, and demographics, insurance would be higher than say the CRV. CRV has one of the lowest insurance rates.

Thanks for the info. Looks like the Vezel performs as well as the 2009 Subaru Legacy (which is very good). I compared a car that does well in the US tests with the Japanese tests as a baseline. Looks good just hope the US-Mexico version is as good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts