Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went from Virginia Beach to Sykesville MD to trade in my HR-V. I didnt make a deal so I made the trip home. I normally get 33mpg on a long highway trip. On my way up there, I hit the 30,000 mark on the vehicle. When I got home I filled back up. Dash said 43.8mpg. Hand calculated came out to 43.82mpg. There were plenty of up and down hills. Dealt with 3 small sections of slower driving due to accidents. My driving ranged from 55-70mph. Vehicle is a 2018 EX 6-Speed manual. I had one notch over half a tank upon fill up.

Anybody else get better??

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
5 Posts
I cannot compete on your mpg at the moment as I am limited to short journeys - officially we cannot travel more than 5 miles.

However, I can beat your price per gallon.......

I'm currently paying the equivalent of $5.86 for a gallon of unleaded (4.54 litres x £1.047). And that's with petrol prices hitting the deck! Not that long ago I was paying between $6.72 - $7.28!

Regards,

HT

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
You beat my personal record, going to a packer game in a blizzard we were doing 25 in bumper to bumper traffic for almost 2 hours on a country road. 6 speed EX with snow tires pushing through deep drifts, put it in 6th gear and it's close to lugging but just sipping fuel

Speed and drafting traffic matter. I've gotten great mileage on hilly 55mph roads (near 40mpg) and 38mpg a few times doing 80 bumper to bumper on a freeway
IMG_20161223_194621.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
816 Posts
Road conditions, temperature, wind, speed, load, driving habits, etc. have a lot to do with getting good MPGs out of these HRVs. I had, for me, great mileage on a trip over the weekend. Started in Denver at 5,280' above sea level and drove into the mountains. Up I-70, across Berthoud Pass (11,300'), into Grand Lake, and then back over Trail Ridge Road (12,183') and back into Denver for 220 miles round trip. Given the elevation gain and a relatively loaded car with 2 people and stuff for a weekend adventure, I still was able to manage 35.5mpg in an AWD-EXL.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had a wedding at a mountain side resort outside of Denver - had to rent a car from the airport- the trip up the mountain was like 10 MPG ( oldsmobile Alero?? ) - and then the trrip down the mountain was over 55+.... i never touched the gas on the way down- only the brakes. Fun stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts