Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2016 HRV for 13 months, and have been quite pleased. But in the last 6 weeks the driver's seat has been creaking intermittently. It's especially noticeable at low speeds on uneven pavement. I drove through the dealership lot with the service manager, and he heard the creaks quite clearly. Dropped off the car two days later, and the service technician heard nothing. Took home the car and it's been creaking for me almost every day since. It matters not whether the outside temp is 10 degrees or 45 degrees, or whether the interior is warm or cold. Heard no creaking last winter.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Same issue here. Mine creaks when driving around tight bends, been like that for a couple of months and some days are worse than others. Other posters with the same issue have had to have their seats dismantled to resolve the issue. I will report mine at the next scheduled service or hope it's only temporary and go away by itself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had this same issue, my driver's seat was creaking especially when taking tight corners.

I was finally able to pinpoint that the creaking was coming from one of the four points where the seat is bolted to the car, in my case the rear right-hand side (see photo)

I was able to reproduce the noise by kind of twisting the seat rail in that point, so I removed the plastic that covers the bolt, I loosed the bolt off a little bit and I tightened it up again and that's it, the noise is gone, as simple as that.

I took me a couple of months to find where the noise was coming from (I even thougt that it was the door) and 5 minutes to fix it.

P.S: I drive on the right-hand side of the car in case the photo didn't make sense.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a similar problem and found a simple solution!

After months of suffering with the unwanted noise I decided to remove the seat for further investigation and found out that the seat belt buckle(the part attached to the seat) wiggles to sides and rubs against a piece of metal at the base, towards the front of seat(it looks like a stopper so the buckle doesn't move forward) and such friction was causing the noise in my case.

My solution - I covered that piece of metal with the first thing I found in my garage, in this case a piece of an old water hose of about 2-3 inches, I haven't heard the noise again. If this is your case, you may not need to remove the seat as you may be able to fix from the top, a piece of hard foam or something similar should work.

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures so I'm attaching a pic of a passenger's seat I found online.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going crazy..the creaking is driving me nuts. I had my seat replaced. When I go back no one hears it. They tell me to come back when I hear it which is pretty much always. The dealer is being nice but after I leave they must say I am crazy. Thank you for your comments. I know I cm not alone and we will figure it out. Live the car otherwise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My car is only a few months old and its doing this as well im going to look at the seat bolts. Its driving me crazy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts