Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my usual weekly trip to the mountains today to visit the folks. Cruise worked just fine on the way up (40 miles each way). On the way home, when I hit the set button, I got a beep and a "warning light" on the dash stating "ACC OFF" (or something close to that). I tried it a few times but got the same issue each time. The folks live down a mile dirt/gravel/dust lane so I figured maybe the radar sensor on the car got covered w/dirt/dust but this is the 1st time it's happened. When I got home, I looked on the front of the car for the ACC radar sensor but couldn't find it (I was going to clean it).

Last weekend, I installed an aftermarket stand alone remote start but I don't know why that would affect the adaptive cruise control now and not earlier (I've made 2 trips since installation). Could be something unrelated but I'd rather not have to drive an hour to the dealer on a Saturday for them to figure it out if it's something simple.

If I (meaning you guys) can't figure it out by tomorrow AM, I guess I'll have to rip apart the dash again and remove the remote start. Not sure what else there is.

2021 EX

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, sir. Steady speed of about 65mph, foot off the brake, ACC/LKAS shows on (on the dash). I tried turning the MAIN button on/off a few times but it didn't help.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update. I couldn't find the radar emitter (whatever it's called) but I wiped down the windscreen, especially in front of the Honda Sensing camera. Took it out for a drive and the cruise seems to be working now (at least up to about 45mph). Not sure if there was just a little too much dust over the camera or if it something else. I'll report back if it acts up again.

·
Administrator
1,997 Posts
In order for ACC to work both radar and camera need to be operational. No warning message?

On my Mazda, if either is blocked. I get a warning message in plain English on which sensor is not working.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The radar sensing unit is likely in that box behind your mirror, if it is anything like my wife's setup on her Rav4. Cleaning the windshield removed the dust from in front of what was obscuring it, is my guess. A quick test would be to cover that area with a post-it note to see if you get the same error.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good thinking, Dammit. I just think it was odd that this is the 1st time this has happened but I'm on the same dusty road every week and it's never happened before. If the issue doesn't return (before I get back on that dusty road), I'll probably start carrying some masking tape with me and cover that area w/it before I get on that road. PITA but better than the alternative, I guess. Or I'll just stop once I get back on the pavement and wipe it all down.

No warning message, Ein. Wish I had gotten one so I would have been able to figure it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts